INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: **Zones** Single Multichannel Soundcards w/ Stereo pairs for zones  (Read 4325 times)

Divex

What sound cards did the developer use when writing/testing their software? Is there a sub $100 plug in card that will support 4 zones or more.  Is there a USB device that works well?  Software features are nice....but useless unless there is a list of supported hardware. Please developers advise us what are the "Single Multichannel Soundcards w/Stereo pairs for Zones" that work well with your software! Life is too short for everyone to "trial and error a solution"

The MEDIA CENTER HELP states:
Create Zones
To create zones
1.   On the Menu bar, go to Player > Playback Options > Zone Manager.
2.   Select Add.
3.   Select your new zone in the list, and then select Configure.
4.   Set your Playback Options.
Volume Control
Map Stereo Pairs of a ****Single Multichannel Soundcard***
You can map stereo pairs of a single multichannel soundcard by using WaveOut and DirectSound.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Re: **Zones** Single Multichannel Soundcards w/ Stereo pairs for zones
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:55:06 pm »

I can't speak to what the developers tested on, but I use the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2NX external USB sound card and it has at least 3 separately addressable stereo pairs that I've used with the Zones feature. It's been discontinued, so I'm sure you can find one for less than $100 on eBay.
Cheers,
Jeff

Chad

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 07:29:37 pm »

I paid less than $80 for my Echo Gina24.  It has 4 analog pairs and at least 1 digital, though I've never tried that.  I liked having a breakout box so I didn't have to pack the cables around the back of the case.

nanckekr

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 10:35:03 am »

When using a sound card for multiple zones like "Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2NX external USB", can you simultaneously use the 3 independant zones, as well as playing DVD using the SPDIF output?
Pages: [1]   Go Up