INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Vestige Files and Registry Entries  (Read 755 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Old Vestige Files and Registry Entries
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:42:41 am »

I'm looking around on my system a bit, thinking it might help to tidy things up a little, and I wonder about some things with MC...

What registry top-level keys are needed?  Are any old ones hanging about?  For example, I have a key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox, do I need it anymore?

Could we get a list in the wiki that shows what top-level registry keys are used (you don't need to go down further than what I listed above), where files in Documents and Settings are stored and used, and whatnot?  Some things have changed, and I know I have old extras of stuff lying about...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Old Vestige Files and Registry Entries
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 11:29:24 am »

As I work with the registry a fair amount working on the plugins, I've wondered this as well.  I've noticed that for plugins in particular, if you put them in the old registry keys, MC can still use them (so that old plugins might still work, for example).

My HKLM\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox key, for example, only has one "Help file" entry in the Plugins key.  So it hardly takes up any resources.  But I believe it is still created by MC12.

Pages: [1]   Go Up