INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Please add calculations to calculated fields  (Read 811 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Request: Please add calculations to calculated fields
« on: June 21, 2007, 04:24:52 am »

Looking through the search history this is an oft requested feature and just wanted to add my voice.

Can we please get some basic calculations added to field expressions, eg +, -, *, /, avg(), sum()

One of the extremely powerful things about MC which sets it aside from it's peers is the calculated fields and expressions which enable us to present our collections in some really exciting ways.  But one stumbling block I keep coming against is the inability to do some basic maths on the fields.

Also, on the view schemes, they already will average fields when groups of items are bunched together, but the averaging doesn't work on calculated fields - you just see <varies> instead.  Any chance of getting the averaging functionality to extend to calculated fields?

Thanks,

Mark

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Request: Please add calculations to calculated fields
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 09:34:50 am »

Count my vote for this as well.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up