INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 Stops playing between songs  (Read 2090 times)

powderboy

MC 11 Stops playing between songs
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:14:42 am »

I have a recurring problem where MC 11 will randomly stop playing between songs on the playing now list. The next song will be displayed on the status bar at the top of the screen, but the progress shows 0:00. If I hit stop and then play it starts working again. This happens anywhere between 2 minutes and 60+ minutes afer starting the playlist.

Any suggestions?

cberry1010

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC 11 Stops playing between songs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 05:57:46 pm »

?

I have the same problem.  I usually listen through TIVO HMO.  Anybody have any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:10:49 pm »

You could try MC12.

Or post more details about what you're using and what you're playing.

powderboy

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:25:24 pm »

I have two computers running MC 11. One machine has all of the music on it, and the other machine accesses the library (a mixture of 192kb and 256kb .wma files) on the first machine. It's this second machine that I'm having the problem with. Having said that, I realize that I haven't checked to see if the problem also occurs on the other machine (the one where the library is stored), but I will experiment with that one tomorrow.

I'm running NetRemote and MediaBridge and can control either machine using a Dell PocketPC. The problem does not only occur when using the NetRemote and PocketPC, it also occurs when running MC 11 directly from the MC screen. I have one SB Live! 1024 card and one Audigy2 ZS card in the machine and I'm running the kX Drivers on both cards.

I have MC 11 set up to randomly shuffle through my entire library (2332 files). To do this, I select Audio under the Media Libary directory on the left side of the MC 11 screen and hit play. The last time it stopped (it always stops eventually) was after about 6 hours of playback on the 102nd file. Sometimes it stops after 1 file, sometimes after 100 or more files, or anywhere in between.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up