INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 CD: Some tracks won't play?  (Read 2203 times)

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
MP3 CD: Some tracks won't play?
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:11:27 am »

Hi,

I've been trying to burn some my mp3s to a few mp3 CDs for my wife to play in our car player. I did this a year ago for her and they worked fine, but I wanted to get her some updated music.

First disc I burned through MCv12.02.79's built-in burning tool. I took a playlist of DRM-free mp3s that all work fine in MC and put them on a disc (with no conversion). While most of the 187 files play perfectly, a few would not play at all and displayed empty tag information.

So I copied all the files to another directory and tried simplifying the file names (even though I couldn't see any obvious problems with them in the first place) and burned them with Nero Burning ROM onto another CD. Again, most files played perfectly, but the exact same files as before would not play on the car unit and showed no tag info.

While I could get these files to play off the CD on my PC using WMP10, Nero's Showtime could not play the suspect files (but could play the others). (Nero also couldn't play some of the original files off my hard drive, but could others. It was also able to play a few of the bad files off the CD, but not others. There is little consistency. While most of these files come from different sources, I encode all of them to the same specs to fit them into my library).

Is it possible to have corrupt files that work fine in MC and WMP but not in other apps? Anyone else ever experienced behavior like this with an MP3 CD?

Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up