INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audigy 2, Kx drivers, Win Vista and 24-bit 96kHz files problem.  (Read 827 times)

Eles

• Recent member
Audigy 2, Kx drivers, Win Vista and 24-bit 96kHz files problem.
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:37:32 am »

Hi, yesterday I ripped DVD-audio tracks into wavs by DVD-A Explorer, GraphEdit, Avisynth and VirtualDub. Everything seemed ok. MPC could play it through fFdshow audio decoder. Also Foobar2000 managed it well with proper info during playback (96000Hz).

But I am not able to run it in Media Center. I have tried all possible output modes and devices and I still get this error: Playback could not be started on the output "xxxx" using the file format 96000Hz, 24 bits per sample, 5 channels. The output may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP studio to change the output to the compactible format....

So I tried the DSP studio, but when I set there anything, I got the same message, only with different file format values in it.

Can anyone help me?

JONCAT

Re: Audigy 2, Kx drivers, Win Vista and 24-bit 96kHz files problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 03:37:12 pm »

I'm playing 24/96 recorded content through the DSP okay. I also use FFDshow to upsample video/DVD so I don't have to switch the EMU Patchmix all the time. Not sure about 5 channels though; I'm a two channel guy. Have you looked at setting Direct Show options in MC or examined the FFDshow options....when played in MC, the audio is not picked up by FFDShow? Maybe some settings under codec in FFDshow need to be changed?

DC

Pages: [1]   Go Up