INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to troubleshoot media streaming issues ?  (Read 729 times)

helpme

How to troubleshoot media streaming issues ?
« on: October 21, 2007, 04:04:54 pm »

Hi,

Can anybody give me pointers on how to best troubleshoot streaming problems from media server ?

For some time I have been using MC11 and then MC12 to stream to netgear MP101 MP3 players.

There have always been issues with the wireless side of the MP101 but for the most part they have functioned really well.

Recently there have been a number of changes on my home network, new ISP, new wireless router, new gigabit switch and moving all music and video onto a networked storage drive.

With all this in place the wireless performance became more of an issue. The MP101 player would stop in the middle of a song and then after a few seconds move onto the next one.

I have ditched the wireless in favour of a power line ethernet solution which has decreased the occurences of this problem.

However it does still happen and I can't find any clues as to where the problem lies. At the MP101 end there is no infomation, one song stops dead, there is a pause and the next song starts.

On the MC12 end there is no indication of what happened. I see one song being requested and then the next song.

Any ideas on how to track down the problem (short of undoing everything that has recently been done ?)

Thanks,
Stephen

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: How to troubleshoot media streaming issues ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:55:20 am »

No ideas - I believe this is a problem with the NetGear, not with Media Center. I've heard rumors about an open source firmware upgrade that may help this problem.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up