INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 12.0.005 (FREE!)  (Read 3631 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 12.0.005 (FREE!)
« on: November 09, 2007, 04:18:08 pm »

This is the latest version of Media Jukebox 12.0.  Media Jukebox 12 is free.

Since this is an early build, it will timeout April 30, 2008.

Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Media Jukebox can be downloaded here:
www.mediajukebox.com/builds/MediaJukebox120005.exe

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DarkPenguin

Re: Media Jukebox 12.0.005 (FREE!)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:20:11 pm »

A few usage things.  (All from memory I don't have my Amazon password with me.)

For individual songs you do not need the Amazon MP3 Downloader.  There is a link under the big "download Amazon MP3 Downloader" button that says something like "skip this step".  So you can hit that and we will do the download.

At this point we cannot handle albums ourself.  So if you buy an album you will need to install the Amazon MP3 Downloader.  Sorry.

I had some issues with how the Amazon MP3 Downloader installed.  It installed to my default browser (FF) and not IE (which is what MJ12 uses).  Somewhere on the "Install Amazon MP3 Downloader" page there is a check box to associate the current browser with the Amazon MP3 Downloader.  If you can't get past the "Install Amazon MP3 Downloader" page when you've allready installed the Amazon MP3 Downloader try ticking that box.  Worked for me.

If you have to use the Amazon MP3 Downloader you might want to point it at your music directory (the setting is under Preferences in the Amazon Mp3 Downloader) and use MJ12's Auto-Import to pull in any files you download.  Note that it creates a pretty standard directory structure.  Artist name\Album\Songs.  The song naming convention is pretty weak.

We're still looking at how all this works.  But that should get one started.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 04:56:16 pm »

Wow.  It's announced, eh?  You should probably cross-post a topic to the MC12 board to let people know it's here.  I would have probably never looked except for my RSS feed.

Since they didn't say it...

Media Jukebox is going to be a simplified, audio-only version of MC which JRiver intends to give away for free.  It includes a (very nice, IMHO) interface to Amazon's DRM-Free MP3 Store, and all the audio-related iPod/handheld goodness of the full version of MC12.

I think Jim & Co. deserve a huge round of applause.  This is quite an exciting development!!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ogurgey

• Recent member
  • The storyteller
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:09:28 am »

Clever move! 8)

I think MC has so many things to offer for a media freak.  But the learning curve is somewhat steep.  If this free MJ would be continued.  I really think, the "starters" (aren't we somewhat all?) would be able to appreciate the real power of MC, once they are familiar with the concept. So MJ will be a very nice to have thingy in the future.

And for me, moving from comp. to comp., it will be smoother on the licence registration.

Anyway, thank you.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 09:38:18 am »

I had some issues with how the Amazon MP3 Downloader installed.  It installed to my default browser (FF) and not IE (which is what MJ12 uses).  Somewhere on the "Install Amazon MP3 Downloader" page there is a check box to associate the current browser with the Amazon MP3 Downloader.  If you can't get past the "Install Amazon MP3 Downloader" page when you've allready installed the Amazon MP3 Downloader try ticking that box.  Worked for me.

Confirmed. I use Firefox too, my first album purchase went fine (but somehow completed outside of Media Jukebox, perhaps because of downloading the downloader), on my second there was a line that said "click here if you have already downloaded the downloader and want to enable it for this browser". It worked fine.

j

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 10:05:33 am »

They were telling me of a free version when I visited so I was just sitting back waiting and wondering when.  Now I'm going to try to install it and see if it lets me.  I want to see what it's all about.

I'm sure you check to see if registered MC 12 is installed!

Just finished downloading:  LOL.  It's RED Media Center!  I JUST posted a colored Interact post in the MC12 forum!  I was wondering if you'd ever change the color the icon -- but you did on the free version!

Question: why aren't more file types checked by default?  I would think you would want every file type selected by default?  The average user won't think to look into the type list and at the very least, FLAC should be checked.

Bug: I just imported my ~14,000 FLAC songs and the tags were not populated.  It just shows the filename in Name.  And it can't play the FLAC songs, either.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 10:49:55 am »

BUG: When setting the options

When changing File Location Options you get an error saying "video file location cannot be empty".

Of course there are no video capabilities in this version, but the error prevents setting up you proper file locations for audio files.

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 05:08:20 am »

Matt:Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Where can we post no bugs related posts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 07:28:15 am »

zev,
Just start a new thread on the MJ board.

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 08:35:19 am »

After opening File Association not changing anything there , i got a message

Video File Location Cannot be Empty

when clicking on OK in the Option window

I have to click OK on this  message et , after that , Cancel in Option window to get it close

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 10:33:19 am »

The HotSpot On This Image

http://www.mediajukebox.com/images/BigReflection2.png

On This Page

http://www.mediajukebox.com/

Should Maybe Cover The Whole Image, And Not 25% Of It.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up