INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breaking one track with 4 songs into a 4 track cd  (Read 840 times)

buckey

• Recent member
Breaking one track with 4 songs into a 4 track cd
« on: August 12, 2002, 06:45:50 am »

Maybe too hard. I have some old cds created with Easy CD creator. Because of the applause and my ineptness I ended up with single tracks of 4 or 5 songs each on my CD. I want to re-record that CD and break the tracks down to indiviual songs. I tried using recorder since I can manually control the tracks, however recorder can not find sound from my CD-ROM nor from media library even though it is playing through my sound card, Yamaha DS1. I tried it with Digital checked and unchecked.  Recorder is only discussed for LP or Tape recording which I have used successfully, but if it can't be used for music coming from CD-ROM or Library than I guess the program can't do what I want it to do. If that is the case does anyone have suggestions for some other program. Thanks

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Breaking one track with 4 songs into a 4 track cd
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 07:24:25 am »

You can split a track into two or more with Media Editor.  Select what you want and do a "copy" then "paste" into a new track.

It will take some time and patience.

Rip your CD to raw wav and work on that.  Save your work often.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Bill Ko

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2002, 08:54:53 am »

JimH and company, please forgive this recommendation because it isn't a recommendation for MJ.  MJ is a great product and I use it to death, but what buckey is trying to do would best be done with an application that specializes in what buckey wants to do.

That product would be EAC - Exact Audio Copy.  With it, you can actually re-burn the cd with indexing to have a truly professional type CD.  That means you could still select each song's beginning and end, yet you could play it from start to finish without interruption, like you would a vinyl LP.

Let me emphasize that MJ is an incredible application, and it really does a lot of things well.  However, EAC does just a couple of things really, really well.

Bill

buckey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2002, 12:41:45 pm »

I ripped CD in uncompressed wav. It is now in library as such. I go to Media Editor and click on file and click open. The closest thing to Media Library is data>mediafiles. When I try to open I get error message failed to connect. Even with Norton turned off it still error messages right away, failed to connect and failed to download.
Maybe this isn't the right file but thus far I have been unable to find one that I can open and I tried playlist, and curplaylist.

I really like this program for LP and Tape work, but may have to go to something else to straighten out my CDs. Buckey
Pages: [1]   Go Up