INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still having problems with Coverart and Podcasts  (Read 2338 times)

m1abrams

• World Citizen
Still having problems with Coverart and Podcasts
« on: December 15, 2007, 09:20:36 pm »

This started I think around version 388.
This is just a copy of what I posted on version 393, still having the same issue with 395.

"Ok still having issues with podcast artwork.  The podcasts folder is set to a URI : \\hellcat\podcast

The podcast are saved correctly to the share drive however the podcast artwork ends up under my c: drive root.

Here is the filename of one of the podcast artwork files "http___www.podtrac.com_pts_redirect.m4v_bitcast-a.bitgravity.com_revision3_web_tekzilla_0012_Folder.jpg"
"

Can someone at least tell that you can reproduce this issue?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Still having problems with Coverart and Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:33:08 pm »

We'll take a look Monday.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:39:16 pm »

I can't reproduce this.

Downloaded episodes put their art in the location specified in Options > File Location

Episodes not download put their art in \\Matt\Share\Podcasts\Cover Art (where \\Matt\Share\Podcasts\ is my Podcast folder)

Anyone else?

rjm

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 12:45:10 pm »

I can't reproduce this.

Downloaded episodes put their art in the location specified in Options > File Location

Episodes not download put their art in \\Matt\Share\Podcasts\Cover Art (where \\Matt\Share\Podcasts\ is my Podcast folder)

Anyone else?

I see the same thing.

I have the option set to store artwork in tags when possible. Until recently podcast artwork respected this option. May I ask why podcast artwork is now always stored outside the tags?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 01:59:20 pm »

I have the option set to store artwork in tags when possible. Until recently podcast artwork respected this option. May I ask why podcast artwork is now always stored outside the tags?

Files on the server can't use internal art (of course).

Once downloaded, the cover art should be stored in the file.

The only exception is if tagging is disabled by unchecking Options > General > Update tags when file info changes

rjm

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:10:11 pm »

Once downloaded, the cover art should be stored in the file.

The only exception is if tagging is disabled by unchecking Options > General > Update tags when file info changes

This is not what I am observing. I have "Update tags when file info changes" set and podcast artwork is still stored in external file after download is complete.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:08:45 pm »

This is not what I am observing. I have "Update tags when file info changes" set and podcast artwork is still stored in external file after download is complete.

Does it switch to "Inside file" if you do an Update Tags (from library)?

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 04:23:51 pm »

Ok I think I might have found the issue.

I had Options->File Location->Cover Art set to "In Same Folder as file (Folder.jpg).

However if I changed it to specified folder I no longer had a problem.

rjm

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 02:11:51 am »

Does it switch to "Inside file" if you do an Update Tags (from library)?

Yes it does. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I expected the artwork to be inside without having to update tags from library (as it did in the past).

I can live with this extra manual step but it also means I have to manually delete the cover art jpg file that is left behind to keep things neat and tidy. Would much prefer this was all automatic.

rjm

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 02:35:58 am »

mmm...

Earlier today I deleted all the podcast cover art files in ...\Podcasts\Cover Art. I no longer need or want these files because they are imbedded inside the tags.

Now I see they are all back again. All I did was browse my podcast feeds looking for anything new that I wanted to download. However I did not actually download anything. This is very irritating because when I run auto-import these stray cover arts are imported into my library as image files. Now I have delete them again and remove them from library. Don't want to have to fight MC to keep my disk and library clean.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 07:11:25 am »

Earlier today I deleted all the podcast cover art files in ...\Podcasts\Cover Art. I no longer need or want these files because they are imbedded inside the tags.

Now I see they are all back again. All I did was browse my podcast feeds looking for anything new that I wanted to download. However I did not actually download anything. This is very irritating because when I run auto-import these stray cover arts are imported into my library as image files. Now I have delete them again and remove them from library. Don't want to have to fight MC to keep my disk and library clean.
In the auto import setup, you can add the podcast cover art directory as a directory to exclude.

dcwebman

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 01:56:12 pm »

It has been mentioned a few times that if the File Location is set as in the same folder with either folder.jpg or Artist-Album, MC does not store the cover art there. This is inconsistent.
Jeff

rjm

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 02:07:29 pm »

In the auto import setup, you can add the podcast cover art directory as a directory to exclude.

Thanks, this worked. Still hope you decide to automate imbedding podcast cover art in tags.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 02:10:13 pm »

It has been mentioned a few times that if the File Location is set as in the same folder with either folder.jpg or Artist-Album, MC does not store the cover art there. This is inconsistent.

For undownloaded files, the art is stored in [Podcasts]\Cover Art.  This is not configurable.

dcwebman

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 07:42:30 am »

For undownloaded files, the art is stored in [Podcasts]\Cover Art.  This is not configurable.
I have no problem with that. It's the downloaded files that I'm saying the cover art for those episodes are not stored in the same folder as the episode.

BTW, I discovered that long jpg name that was mentioned a few posts above was stored in the root of my C drive, far from the podcast folder location. I haven't been able to sync lately to see if that was fixed.
Jeff

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 09:45:56 am »

For undownloaded files, the art is stored in [Podcasts]\Cover Art.  This is not configurable.

No one mentioned that if I found a bug in that if I have the CoverArt set to same folder as, that coverart no longer works for podcasts and my podcast artwork shows up under the root of my c:.  When I changed the Cover Art setting to a defined folder this problem went away with podcasts.  This could just be some weird issue with my config.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 10:58:17 am »

No one mentioned that if I found a bug in that if I have the CoverArt set to same folder as, that coverart no longer works for podcasts and my podcast artwork shows up under the root of my c:.  When I changed the Cover Art setting to a defined folder this problem went away with podcasts.  This could just be some weird issue with my config.

Good find.

Next build:
Fixed: Podcast cover art could end up in the temporary folder instead of final folder when configured to store art next to the file (i.e. folder.jpg, etc.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up