INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPNP Interface Text Only  (Read 957 times)

easttrail

• Recent member
UPNP Interface Text Only
« on: December 23, 2007, 10:20:34 pm »

Hello, I am testing out Media Center 12 as a UPNP server for my Pinnacle 200 and Helios X5000 media streamers.  I have been able to get both units to see and connect to Media Center but only in a text interface.  Is theater mode viewable though UPNP devices?  In reviewing the documentation and forums I cannot locate anyone else having a similar issue or how to solve this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
James

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: UPNP Interface Text Only
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 10:57:48 pm »

The interface presented is up to the device. The UPnP protocol is just a way of specifying how the content and meta-data is transmitted to the device. Some devices may have more features for configuring the display that are an extension of the protocol, or part of the protocol we don't implement.

Do you have another server you are comparing us with?

j

easttrail

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 09:09:42 am »

I have been looking at several different servers (TwonkyMedia, Cyberlink, etc.).  I was not sure if there was a configuration that I was overlooking therefor I was only receiving text.  I was looking to find a server that showed a graphical interface when using with my two media streamers as the software that came with them was lacking.  Both units are Sigma Designs EM8620 chip sets if this matters.

Also what interface is available when viewing from the media streamers?  Is the Theater View available?

James

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 09:58:38 am »

The interface is basically Theater View, but the media streamer decides how to present it. I'm not sure what you mean by "graphical interface" and "text interface". UPnP is primarily for sending content and meta-data, not for describing how it is presented on the screen.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up