INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs skip  (Read 866 times)

wylddryad

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Songs skip
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:18:49 pm »

I have noticed this problem since upgrading to MC12. Songs will skip and sometimes get stuck like an old Lp record. This happens frequently. I am running a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP Pro, Pentium 4 processor, 512mb RAM. Seems to be related to the CPU being overloaded. Anything I can do about it besides replacing hardware?

Thx!
~Nemea

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Songs skip
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 05:24:15 pm »

Tools | Options | Playback | Output mode settings...  Under "Buffering", move the slider to the left a bit to increase skip resistance.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 05:29:53 pm »

And have you verified that the CPU load is caused by MC (e.g. with task manager)? what always helps is killing useless processes that you dont need.
Use msconfig.exe and disable Autostart and Services that you are sure off (searching in the Inet always helps)

wylddryad

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 01:26:36 am »

I tried moving the slider, but still had the problem. I knew it was still a problem because as I was browsing the internet, the problem would be triggered by scrolling down a page. Then I decided to try changing Soundmax Digital Audio to Primary Sound Driver in Output Device. This seems so have cleared up the problem. Strangely enough tho, I changed back to Soundmax Digital Audio and the problem has not recurred, however, I now have only one channel either way, but only when I switch output to the speakers, headphones are fine. I also have both channels when I switch to CD player on the amp, so the speaker connections are ok. I tried a Youtube video and the same prob.

The Computer is connected to the stereo amplifier via a brand new Monster cable.

???!

I am ready to order a new sound card...
Pages: [1]   Go Up