INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SDK Addition Requests  (Read 6815 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
SDK Addition Requests
« on: February 04, 2008, 04:32:53 pm »

After posting to another thread, I got thinking about all the things it'd be nice to do with a plugin that unfortunately can't be done due to the current SDK. I then started thinking about all of the feature requests that get thrown around on Interact and figured, why not start one thread where all of the plugin developers could voice their requests for an updated SDK. So if you have anything you'd like to see in a new SDK, let's hear 'em!

I'll start with a couple that I'd like to see or any that I can remember being mentioned in other threads.

1. An event be thrown when Playing Now is updated either by the addition, removal, or reordering of files.
2. The ability to access playback settings, such as track transitions (gapless, standard, etc), and DSP settings (like the ability to turn Replay Gain on or off, change its Mode from Track Based to Album Based, etc).
3. Retrieve from MC the type of database field (string, list, large value, etc).
4. Refresh Smartlists.
5. All Zones should throw Playing Now events, whether they're the active zone or not.
6. The ability to add commands to the right click menus.
7. Throw an event when the progess slider is changed manually.
8. Throw an event when library changes (adding, changing or deleting a file).
9. Update Playing Now when a file is removed.
10. Add a return code (true/false) to MJPlayback.Play()

Also, in the vein of trying to avoid problems caused by unexpected plugin behavior, maybe MC could run plugins in a sort of temporary mode, where certain changes to MC (playback modes, etc) aren't saved to the registry like they would be if a user actually changed the setting. Kind of like Session Changes. I hate seeing threads like one not too long ago where a user posted negative reviews of MC and JRiver because of something a plugin they installed was doing that they weren't expecting.

gappie

Re: SDK Addition Requests
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 04:43:18 pm »

well. most of all: that changes in playback in the zone that is not active also fire an event.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:55:12 pm »

I'll add any requests that are posted to my list above, just to keep it all easy to read.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 05:00:46 pm »

I'll add any requests that are posted to my list above, just to keep it all easy to read.
good idea. to be more precise though. something like NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE tells you already which zone it is that changes track, in string3. but only the active zone. so the zone is already there.  ;)

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 05:31:32 pm »

i also love to see
1. An event be thrown when Playing Now is updated either by the addition, removal, or reordering of files.
4. Refresh Smartlists

and some other features like:
- an event when the progess slider is changed manually
- an event when libarary changed (when adding, changing or deleting a file)
- update Plaing now view if you delte a file from Playing now with SDK
- something like "MJCurPlaylist.getAllFiles"

but i think "playing now" is the most sdk area needing improvement.

@doof
great idea

Markus

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 05:37:46 pm »

good idea. to be more precise though. something like NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE tells you already which zone it is that changes track, in string3. but only the active zone. so the zone is already there.  ;)

So are you just saying that not all of the events include this information? Or am I missing something?

- something like "MJCurPlaylist.getAllFiles"

I'm not sure I understand this one.

@doof
great idea

Thanks. I don't know if it'll help us get what we'd like, but maybe if all the various requests were compiled into one list, it will be easier for them to implement some or all of them.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:45:31 pm »

So are you just saying that not all of the events include this information? Or am I missing something?

for instance: when you play some music, and a song changes, you get a notify track change in zone 0. when you start to watch some pics at the same time, an other zone is made. when you go to an other picture, the notify track change wil tell you a track changes in zone 1, but when something in the zone where the music plays changes, you get nothing.
in the sdk it says: "The events MCC: NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE and MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYERSTATE_CHANGE contain the zone where the change occurred. Media Center, however, will only notify changes in the currently active zone. If a track changes in the non-active zone, there will be no event. Only track changes in the active zone will have events. "

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 05:48:18 pm »

Ok, I updated the list above to better reflect this.

gappie

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 05:52:28 pm »

yes thats it. thanks  :)

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 05:21:58 am »

I just run my event viewer program with MC 12.0.432 and  NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE seems to be firing and including the zone even when it is not active. However the NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_PROPERTIES_CHANGED and_PLAYLIST_FILES_CHANGED events that fire only contain a '0' as zone info.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 05:52:32 pm »

Throw an event when an IR key is pressed, pass which key was pressed. Or better yet - add about 6 "Custom IR commands" under Options-IrCommands and throw an event when any of those keys are pressed.

I'm trying to write a plug in that can be controlled by IR. For example, one of the Custom IR commands could throw an event that I can use to "tag" a track or album as a favorite. Just by pressing an IR button when the song is playing.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 12:47:32 pm »

Is there an official or un-offical roadmap of enhancements to the SDK? I realize you can't commit to possible future enhancements. But it sure would help to know if you were even considering (or flat out rejecting) some of our suggestions.

IR event triggers is high on my wishlist. (previouly posted in this thread).

Thanks!

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 01:03:05 pm »

add a return code (true/false) to MJPlayback.Play()
(check if a file can be played)

Dim state as Boolean
state = MJPlayback.Play()

if state then
'file is playing
else
' an error occured like:
'Media Center was unable to play any of the files.
'Please make sure that the path in Media Library points to the right....
end-if

M.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 07:45:26 am »

Here's a couple more:

1. Being able to sync handhelds
2. Being ablto to convert files to other formats...

VenoM

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 12:32:36 am »

I would really like to be able to sync any zone to or from any zone using messages, as well as get the play status of any zone.
I don't like being tethered to my computer to perform these operations and it kind of defeats the purpose of having a multi-zone audio set-up.

Thanks.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 04:26:26 pm »

If I understand what you are asking for, you can already do this. Use the MJZonesAutomation and MJZoneAutomation objects. Although I'm not sure what you mean by messages.

VenoM

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 11:19:00 pm »

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into the MJZonesAutomation and MJZoneAutomation objects.

By messages I am refering to these:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#Zones
I can control the playback in any zone with those, but there is nothing to sync zones to other zones.

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 05:22:54 am »

6. The ability to add commands to the right click menus.
I really, really second that!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 03:24:26 pm »

So I have to admit I haven't been paying much attention latley, but it's been over a year since this thread was started. Has anything on the list been implemented? Have there been any additions to the SDK at all?
Pages: [1]   Go Up