INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album View Filter By # of Files?  (Read 1394 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member
Album View Filter By # of Files?
« on: February 11, 2008, 03:07:57 pm »

Simple question - I'm thinking there's a way since MC has lots of powerful library sorting options, but still kind of new...

My primary view is Albums sorted by Imported Date.  This is great for me since I tend to download a lot of albums from my subscription service and I tend to remember and listen to albums based on "earlier this week," "a couple weeks ago," or "a month or two ago" etc.

I would like to filter this view on Number of Files on a particular album.  I want to be able to filter out albums that have three or fewer songs - I currently have a ton of single songs that I have for a playlist for around the house, so I want to skip all of those for my "primary view"

Any simple solution for this?

Thanks,
Shane

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Album View Filter By # of Files?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:53:07 pm »

No there isn't, but adding an AlbumCount() type expression you could use in a search or expression may make sense.

Anyone else?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:41:26 pm »

I have a ton of compilation CD's and I use this to filter out all of those artists so that I only get the ones with full albums:

[media type]=[audio] -[Album Artist (auto)]=[(Multiple Artists)],[] ~sort=[track #],[Date Imported]-d,[Name],[Artist],[Album]

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:03:27 am »

No there isn't, but adding an AlbumCount() type expression you could use in a search or expression may make sense.

Anyone else?
How many tracks per album?
How many tracks per artist?
and
How many albums per artist?

Are three questions that crop up on interact fairly regularly.
At the moment, the only answer is to use a library browser view in details and then use the [track #] field to view the information.

It's not intuitive and not overly useful because there's no way to filter based on the information.
Personally, I've never really felt the need for these, but having expressions that could deliver the info would make it a lot easier and more useful for those of us that ask for this every so often.

-marko.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 04:27:43 pm »

I would like to filter this view on Number of Files on a particular album.  I want to be able to filter out albums that have three or fewer songs - I currently have a ton of single songs that I have for a playlist for around the house, so I want to skip all of those for my "primary view"

when you number the tracks right. so starting with 1 etc. then track # =  4 in the rules, and expand to full album in the modify results might do what you want. this takes all albums with a song numbered 4.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up