INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD burning progress is stuck on Finishing  (Read 1384 times)

Aloha

CD burning progress is stuck on Finishing
« on: August 06, 2002, 04:06:27 pm »

I have downloaded the latest ASPI 4.7 in order to remove the 2 second gap between tracks.  The burning process is fine, but it seems to get hung up at the last "Finishing" step.  I have run it for 5 -8 minutes, before hitting the cancel button.  Another thing it does is keep the burned disc, it won't let me manually eject it.  Probably because it wasn't done "Finishing". Any suggestions?

Thank you!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:CD burning progress is stuck on Finishing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 04:59:01 pm »

Try it with, say, 600 MB of files.  It requires some overhead.  You can do more than 600MB but just test with less.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 05:27:32 pm »

Aloha

what version of MJ are you using?

In MJ8 Some Tweeking Has Been Done To The Overhead Size So You Should Not Run Into This Problem.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Aloha

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 08:58:14 pm »

I am using MJ version 8.0 and using regular CD-R's of 700 MB size.  My playlists says they are about 64 MB in size.  I am a new user of MJ and of music downloading/recording in general.  So I apologize if my next questions are "dumb" :)

Question, what is meant by 600MB in files?  I am not sure exactly how to tell file size, other than what the track information displays.  Is this the same thing?  

Also, what is "overhead"?  How much overhead do I need?  And is overhead only important when burning without the 2 second gap option clicked?  I never ran into this problem before removing the 2 second gap.

I have another question unrelated to the above.  I find that MJ has scrambled/shuffled playlist files on it's own.  It also does not rip/file songs from albums in order (i.e. track #'s 1-15).  Again shuffling the sequence.  How do I prevent this from happening?  Or how do I put it back into track sequential order without the tedious drag and drop?

>^.^<
Aloha!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2002, 05:03:46 am »

what version of 8.0

make sure it is the latest 8.0.343 since the fix was one of the last versions
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2002, 05:19:48 am »

Check your sorting options in settings/options/tree & view options.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Aloha

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 11:59:17 pm »

Hello again.  I downloaded the new beta test version, but still have the same problem.  So for now, until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, I have checked the 2 second gap option between tracks.  

Another new problem has arisen with the new download.  I seem to be unable to import songs into the library although I can still play them with MJ.  The funny thing is, these songs had previously been imported into MJ, and showed up in the recently imported files window until the upgrade.  With the download, they suddenly disappeared from my recently imported files window, and I cannot re-import them again.  

?  >^.^<
Aloha!
Pages: [1]   Go Up