INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Media View Scheme  (Read 1245 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen
All Media View Scheme
« on: February 24, 2008, 06:48:05 pm »

I have tried to configure All Media specifically to contain a CD database, although it appears to be okay on the tree there is no record of the CD's recently played. Sadly I had this previously and lost the entire database when I did a full uninstall. I followed Alex's instructions he posted in a thread which worked on older builds but doesn't appear to be working now.
I'd really appreciate your assistance and instruction.  :)

Media Center Registered 12.0.438 -- D:\Program Files\JRiver\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Pentium 4 3397 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 980 MB, Free - 451 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16609 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: ASUS     DRW-1608P3S        Addr: 5:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive L: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SM-352B   Addr: 5:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
nlc

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: All Media View Scheme
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:59:41 am »

---> This steps you through adding the view scheme to your tree, as opposed to a child of 'audio', 'images' or 'video'

use ~d=c in step 4, followed by any other filters you care to apply, such as media type etc.. ~sort=[last played]-d should place recently played tracks at the top of the list.

if you need any more help, just ask.

-marko.

Armaegis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:43:26 am »

In a related question, how can I pull a view scheme back out to the tree from under Audio? I can convert from the tree into a child view simple by dragging, but if I try to go the other way my view scheme disappears.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 04:46:29 am »

In a related question, how can I pull a view scheme back out to the tree from under Audio? I can convert from the tree into a child view simple by dragging, but if I try to go the other way my view scheme disappears.

I don't think you can do that. You need to create a new scheme on the root.

I guess you already know this, but to create a root scheme you need to select first one of the "non-library" tree items, e.g. Playing Now, and then "Edit > Add View Scheme..." from the top menu.

The wiki link marko posted and my reply here explain this in detail.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:02:06 am »

Sadly I had this previously and lost the entire database when I did a full uninstall.

The CD/DVD database is a part of the library. It is lost if you lost your library. MC cannot magically rebuild the disc data from nowhere.

You should be able to get audio CD data from YADB by inserting the discs and let MC query for data. You don't need to rip the discs for that. (I hope you previously submitted the discs that were not already in the online database.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up