INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Problem After Update  (Read 863 times)

nsf143

Theater View Problem After Update
« on: February 27, 2008, 06:52:53 am »

I organize my video files so that they are displayed by category: Genre (TV/Film/Education/etc) -> Artist (TV Season Name/Film Genre) -> Season. Before the update, theater view displayed my video files in this order, but after the update i am given no 'folders' in the view, just one gigantic list of all my videos, not sorted in any real order. The normal window still sorts my videos in this way, and the view scheme hasn't changed. Can anyone think of anything that could be the cause of this problem?

For completeness:
There is a small chance this problem is not caused by the new version - I keep my audio files on 'one' (RAIDED) hard drive, and my video files span two additional hard drives. This week my RAID card failed, causes me to loose my onsite copy of my music. At the same time, the new update came out for MC.

Thanks for the help!

Also, over the two years I have used MC - it is amazing just how many improvements have been made.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Problem After Update
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:49:43 am »

Welcome to the forum.

In Theater View, on the left hand side navigation frame, there should be a button called "Views". Select your view scheme from within the dialog which appears.

Hope that helps.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

bil1010105

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:12 am »

I had the same problem after the upgrade (all my lovingly nested keywords were messed up)... and no, the 'views' button didn't fix it.  :( (at least, not by itself).

Racking my brains about this and losing yet more hair, I finally figured out that it had changed the library to 'Default' without asking me after the upgrade. My HTPC is set to autorun in Theatre View, so I don't see what library is loaded except if I exit out of it.

So it might be worth checking which library is open as well.

nsf143

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:42:34 am »

Thanks for the welcome - I've actually lurked here for a few years ;).

raym's suggestion worked for me. I hadn't thought about trying that because I had deleted all other possible view schemes within video, but it looks like the update reset the media type to all files from video for the video portion of theater view.

I have my HTPC set up like yours bil, but I use the 'default' library so I was lucky there.

Thanks for the help guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up