INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jukebox - manual tagging capabilities / tag look up in the DB?  (Read 1746 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi,
I used to work with Windows Media Player previously. There, I could manually look up the tags of a song in the WMP-database, and during the process, I could decide, if I want to save the new tags, or skip it.

Now I discovered Jukebox - and it really rocks!!  8) I like it very much, as it gives me full control over my library in a fully customized way.

However, something I didnīt find out yet is, how to manually start a tagging process of a song?

For example, there are songs, where only the YEAR is missing, or the ALBUM title. Up til now, I didnīt find a way to look up the missing information in the Jukebox database manually, so I have to use WMP again for this, which is annoying, especially as I thought that I finally can get rid of WMP...

Anyone, who has an idea? Thx!

BTW, are there any recommendable plug ins to enhance the tagging-features of Jukebox?

that_stevens_guy

• Recent member
Re: Manual tagging capabilities / tag look up in the DB?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:13:36 am »

Download and install the latest beta... maybe it isn't in the stable release.?? But in the beta I am using (34), these options are present...

Right click on a selection > Library Tools, All the options you could ever want are there.

Now to manually edit the tag. Right Click > Tag, It should bring up a panel in the left column. In there you can edit the data manually.

You can also play around with cover art and many many more options, I have not seen a player with so many options to edit the song information.

btw you posted in the wrong board for Media Jukebox :P

Al ex

Re: Jukebox - manual tagging capabilities / tag look up in the DB?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:31:13 am »

Thanks for your quick reply!  :)

Download and install the latest beta... maybe it isn't in the stable release.?? But in the beta I am using (34), these options are present...

Right click on a selection > Library Tools, All the options you could ever want are there.

Thx for the hint, i will try in the evening. Actually I couldnīt find a download area for a beta version on Jrivers homepage, do you know where I can find it? Is it a beta for Jukebox 13? At the moment I am using the latest Jukebox version, which was available two weeks ago.
What do you mean with "in the beta I am using (34)..."

Now to manually edit the tag. Right Click > Tag, It should bring up a panel in the left column. In there you can edit the data manually.

You can also play around with cover art and many many more options, I have not seen a player with so many options to edit the song information.

With "manually", you mean look up certain tags from the online database? The feature to change certain tags manually within the Jukebox I found out, how to do it.

I would like to do an online database lookup for certain missing tags. And the strange thing is, I canīt find a feature, which starts such a process.

Or at least I would like to start a general look up for all tags of a song, whenever I want. Then, I should be able to safe or skip the new tags from the online database.

btw you posted in the wrong board for Media Jukebox :P

Oups sorry, thats right. Maybe a forum admin can shift this thread to the Jukebox-board? Sorry for that...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Manual tagging capabilities / tag look up in the DB?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:39:55 am »

Select the files and do: right-click > Library Tools > Lookup Track Info From YADB

The YADB database may or may not have info for specific tracks. It is based on user submissions.

In general I would advice to fix a common tag like Album or Year manually because it easy to do that for all album tracks at the same time. (- and I mean literally "manually", i.e. you can just type the correction.)

After you have all tags correctly set you may want to contribute by selecting the tracks and doing:
right-click > Library Tools > Submit Track Info To YADB

EDIT

The latest builds are released on the Media Jukebox board. MJ 12.0.035  is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45471.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Al ex

Re: Jukebox - manual tagging capabilities / tag look up in the DB?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:21:23 pm »

Hi,
I tried now as you said, but there is no "Lookup Track Info From YADB" functionality in my Jukebox. ? Pls. have a look:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=k7dy8AgEXDP7GiS.jpg

I also searched in other menues - nothing found :(

After you have all tags correctly set you may want to contribute by selecting the tracks and doing:
right-click > Library Tools > Submit Track Info To YADB

--> this functionality is also not existing. (But I will do for sure for all my songs :)

EDIT: well, I upgraded now from v32 to v35 - and here we go, I can lookup and submit tag infos, the YADB menue items are now included :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up