INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working with view scheme modifiers is still buggy  (Read 965 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Working with view scheme modifiers is still buggy
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:33:34 am »

The capabilites for creating own view schemes really got more and more user-friendly within release 12. Unfortunately, the queries still work unreliable.

I am talking about the functions under edit view scheme - Step 4: Pick files to show - Edit included files...

I give you an example: my target is a mix view scheme in which I want to include files rated with 4 and 5 and preference must be between 6 and 10.
The songs not should have been played recently and I want a mix for my custom field "situation", in which I want to hear 20% assigned to "Radio", 30% assigned to "General" and 50% assigned to "Home".

What I did:
Rules: I set up the rules for the first two fields
- rating and
- preference
Modifiers: I set up
- "Sort by" Last Played (a-z), then
- "Limit percentage to" 50% - with this I want to exclude recently played songs from the mix and finally
- Mix 100,20%,{[Scene]="Radio"},30%,{[Scene]="General",50%,{[Scene]="Home"}

Error 1: the resulting list contains duplicates of identical files!

So, I added another modifier "remove duplicates of" and checked the fields artist and name.

Error 2: This modifier is not considered

Now, I jump back to the editor view.

Error 3: Under modifiers, now I find that the remove duplicate modifier entry disappeared. Instead, 
in the mix expression I find an addition "~nodup=[Artist],[Name]"

Error 4:
In order to see if there I duplicates I pressed the column header for Last Played. Jumping back into the edit screen,
the mix expression now also contains  ~sort=[Last Played] - for each pressing of the column header one entry (!)

In my opinion, the mix expression is one of the great features for advanced lazy DJs. Shouldn't there also be a more user-friendly input assistance for this field? At least, you could think about presets or examples that can be changed.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Working with view scheme modifiers is still buggy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:51:57 pm »

Error 1: the resulting list contains duplicates of identical files!
This is caused by the ~mix modifier. Since its introduction, it has always insisted upon satisfying the specified number files. If the search rules do not return enough individual files, it starts over and adds duplicates until the rules are satisfied.
Adding a 'remove duplicates' rule does get rid of the dupes, but in the process, it also upsets the final ~mix. ie. you won't have 100 files and the percentages will be off.

Error 2: This modifier is not considered
Error 3: Under modifiers, now I find that the remove duplicate modifier entry disappeared.
I cannot reproduce this one. For me, the dupes are removed and the modifiers remain, erm, unmodified, when I exit and return to the editor.

Error 4: In order to see if there I duplicates I pressed the column header for Last Played. Jumping back into the edit screen, the mix expression now also contains  ~sort=[Last Played] - for each pressing of the column header one entry (!)
This is caused by the option located at: Tools > Options > Tree and View > Sorting > Save Changes On List Header Clicks
Uncheck this option to turn the behaviour off.

-marko.

Pages: [1]   Go Up