INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to world of ipod, some help needed  (Read 1396 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
New to world of ipod, some help needed
« on: March 26, 2008, 03:27:22 pm »

I am a long time user of j.river media center 11 and of course have access to free media jukebox 12 as well.

I personally dont' have a mp3 player but i am getting an apple ipod nano 8gb for my mom. She has no computer so i am the one that will be loading the songs on it, can i sync the ipod to media center or media jukebox and access my library of 11,000 songs to fill the ipod?

All my songs have 300x300 cover art embedded in the .mp3 file and have a special tag called "band" which is the same as "artist", this displays tracks correctly in xp media center edition. Will the cover art show up correctly on the ipod?

Please tell don't tell me that i have to use itunes or some special converter to get my .mp3's onto ipod, any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New to world of ipod, some help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:32:07 pm »

It should just work, but MC11.1 may not and is not compatible with MJ12.  You may need to update to MC12.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:39:30 pm »

Ok, thanks.

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 11:00:59 pm »

Actually, I've noticed that the "Band" field in MC is the same as the "Album Artist" field in iTunes. The "Album Artist" field in MC does not correlate to iTunes (or another piece of software I use sometimes to play music, SageTV). I had never used Band before until I was trying to figure out why some of my songs weren't syncing correctly.

I don't know which of the apps is playing foul here, but if you want to put music on your iphone and don't have Band field in MC cleaned up, you'll get weird results. It's nice that you can easily copy values from one field to another in MC, but it would also be helpful to find out which software isn't mapping fields according the the ID3 standard.

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:25:32 am »

There is no industry concensus for how to store "Album Artist" in ID3 tags so this will remain hit or miss when moving between apps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up