INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 160GB Ipod Classic Doesn't Show Songs after Download  (Read 36229 times)

• World Citizen
Re: 160GB Ipod Classic Doesn't Show Songs after Download
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 07:11:46 pm »

Whats the story?

raymie

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2009, 08:31:05 pm »

I've had my iPod classic six months. It recently would not sync to my iTunes. It would appear that it was syncing, but when I detached the iPod, it would have no music or podcasts on it, nothing. After resetting and restoring several times, I tried syncing it with a PC, which worked. However, that wasn't a solution for me since all my music is on a Mac. So when I went back to my Mac, it still would not sync. I finally reinstalled iTunes 8.2 and my problem is solved. The iPod syncs. Hopefully this won't happen again.

Schwilly

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 07:24:34 pm »

Guys, I have A Classic 80GB ipod for a year and a half and last week I have this same problem Syncing my whole library and no songs but the space is filled up. I do not use Media Center at all, so I don't even think this is a media center problem. I just looked this topic online and this forum came up. I had to put it on manual sync and auto fill,I put My whole library on a playlist and it kinda of works, but it seems to take a few songs off the end of the playlist. And after about 3 or 4 times of syncing it comes up with the empty songs, then I have to restore and do it again. It's a real pain, but at least can get my songs on for a limited time, I wish I could get it fixed so I can sync my whole library again. I have about 1.8 GB left on 80gb, so I don't know if it some imaginary boundary that I can't go past or my itunes library file is messed up or something. Anymore Suggestions?

GangofFour

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 04:25:39 pm »

Is there any solution to this issue?

I have a 160GB Ipod classic and am using Media Center 14.0.130.

I have had this issue where I disconnect my ipod and it thinks there is no music on it, as was reported for users with MC12 in this thread.

MC14 thinks the music is there and if I explore the ipod drive, the music files do appear to be present (I can explore the ipod and it will give me notification if I try to transfer something already present on the ipod).

I have already tried a fresh initialization of the ipod last night. I transfered some music and disconnected and all appeared ok, so I transfered more albums overnight. This morning, when I disconnected, I got the same issue for the second time.

Thanks in advance for any help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 04:27:23 pm »

It's possible there isn't enough room left to write the database.

Try transferring fewer files.

GangofFour

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 04:39:52 pm »

Well, there is still 105GB free out of 149GB.

Is 44 GB of files really too much for the database?

GangofFour

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 05:06:32 pm »

Oddly enough, I just transferred an additional album to the ipod and everything came back.

Maybe the database got corrupted and the act of transferring corrected it?

I wouldn't mind knowing what behavior is causing this in the first place as this is a problem that appeared for the first time this week, twice. I've been using MC for 2-3 years with various ipods and have had the current 160GB classic since october.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2010, 05:27:42 pm »

When this sort of thing happens, one possible solution in the past was to do a "restore" of the ipod.  This COMPLETELY clears and resets the iPod so it's as if you just bought it (i.e. ALL files AND settings are cleared.)  A couple times over the past several years I've run into situations where a restore was needed to get everything working again.

I "think" that you can do a "restore" without actually "updating" the ipod firmware, but I haven't done it in a while, so I'm not sure anymore.

On this note, could someone from JR tell us if there are any issues with using MC14 with an ipod using the latest software, or if itunes can even be installed on a system for this purpose?  There is still a "don't install itunes 8" sticky thread on the ipod forum which says that this can install ipod firmware that can prevent MC from working with it, but this post was started about a year and a half ago, and I'm not sure if it's still valid.

Thanks,

Larry

james0978

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 04:22:16 am »

nice post

---------------------------------------------------

best orthopedic dog bed | offset printing washington | natural pond designs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up