INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linking HTML/ other external file to library entries  (Read 715 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Linking HTML/ other external file to library entries
« on: March 30, 2008, 05:25:06 pm »

I think that this is a feature request, can't see anything in the search pertaining to this or any easy way of doing what I'm after  ;)
Basically I'd like the ability to link a HTML or other similar file (Some docs, the odd PDF and image) to a single file or set of files. Obviously I can import these into MC  & add them to the same album, but this doesn't really work for what I'm trying to do.

These HTML files tend to contain backstory or image galleries to the underlying video file, and as such I'd like to retain the overall layout etc. of the linked file rather than playing it in MC as MC still hasn't really managed a page of text with images interspersed.

My suggestion of how to do this (Unless anyone has found anything better :P ) would be a linked file field in the library, coupled with an option in the right-click menu, or as an addition to the mouseover for a media file.
At the moment, I can add a field to the library, but have no way to browse to my linked file or to launch it without copy & paste, so the basics could well be there.

Thoughts or suggestions on how to achieve this?

-Leezer-

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Linking HTML/ other external file to library entries
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:28:43 pm »

Bump ;)

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up