INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVDs stick on root menu  (Read 3457 times)

azdood

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
DVDs stick on root menu
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:22:51 pm »

Hello -

I have a DVD of Hopalong Cassidy (yes, I'm reliving a little of my childhood) that has five different episodes on it.  I can watch one of the episodes with no problem, but when I try later to watch another episode I get stuck on the root menu page and get a boinking sound (and nothing else) no matter what I click on.  The DVD is frozen in place and I have to press ctrl, alt, delete to escape.

I use Tune Up Utilities to clean up the registry and that gets things back to normal, but I'm hoping there is something else I can do that will stop this from happening in the first place. 

I'd appreciate any help with this.  Thanks.

David
We are all bozos on this bus...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DVDs stick on root menu
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 06:38:15 am »

I've watched some Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, and early John Wayne movies lately.  I like the simplicity.  Black and white movies, with black and white hats, horses to match, a beautiful girl in trouble, and a rescue.  Plus a lot of cows and a few rustlers.  How could you go wrong with that?

MC automatically remembers your position in the DVD (may be an option under advanced).  Something about that isn't working.  You can over-ride it by using a key pair.  Shift and play?  Or CTRL and play?  Try the up and down arrows also.  You can get an On Screen Display with them. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up