INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: seperate Playing now view for each Audio view  (Read 1127 times)

andrewt

• World Citizen
seperate Playing now view for each Audio view
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:07:13 am »

Hi,
I guess this is my MJ question day... anyway, is there a way to have a different Playing Now view that corresponds to each Audio view? For example, I have a view scheme for popular music (by artist) and for classical music (by composer), and I when I click on playing now for popular music, I would like it to show artist, etc... but for classical music (different view scheme) I would like it to show Conductor, Orchestra, etc. Is this possible?
Thanks

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: seperate Playing now view for each Audio view
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 02:40:25 pm »

the easy answer is: no. but i think there are some things you can make that maybe will come close.
one thing is that im not sure about wich part of playing now you are talkin about. the file list or some vizualisation?
for the file list, a solution could be using expressions as collumns with something like:
if(isequal([genre],classical),[orchestra] conducted by [conductor],[artist])
i just typed this, did not test it. when this would be going in the right direction, and you get stuck, just post some more info here.
the expressions you can use in collumns or calculated library fields are here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_expression_language

you have to remember that playing now is in no way connected to a view scheme. playing now is only what is playing now.

this is where the fun begins
 :)
gab

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: seperate Playing now view for each Audio view
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:10:41 pm »

You can download some of the mini skins for free (View>Skins>Skin Manager>Mini>Download More Skins). Right click on the mini player, goto Options and you can select Always On Top.

I use the Paradigm mini player and put it right above the task bar, I can see what song is playing and I have control over the player, I can also open a mini PN playlist. I see that some new mini player/skins have been added just for Media Jukebox.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up