INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 'Media Center 12.tlb' corrupt in 12.0.475 build?  (Read 2653 times)

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
Is 'Media Center 12.tlb' corrupt in 12.0.475 build?
« on: April 16, 2008, 01:00:20 pm »

I don't like installing new MC12 versions because every time there's an update I have to rebuild my client/server automation apps that I use to listen to my music. Well I updated to 12.0.475 this week to troubleshoot a problem I was having with non-DRM iTunes files, only to discover that I'm no longer able to import Media Center 12.tlb as a reference into my C# project. When I try to add the reference, I get the following error:

A reference to Media Center 12.tlb could not be added. Please make sure that the file... (yada yada)

I am browsing directly to the file, and use this same method every time I have to rebuild my apps to accomodate MC12 updates. I just tried importing the old "Media Center.tlb" from MC11 and that still works fine, but the 12.0.475 version of the Media Center 12.tlb is acting like it's not a valid file.

Strangely, I CAN inspect the file's interfaces in VS.NET's object viewer, but it simply will not import into the project now.

Can anyone else verify whether this is the case? I'm running VS.NET 2005 with Service Pack 1, in a C# automation project, with the 12.0.475 build of Media Center installed.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Is 'Media Center 12.tlb' corrupt in 12.0.475 build?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:04:16 pm »

Did you try rebooting?

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 01:30:36 pm »

Did you try rebooting?
Twice. I think am just going to uninstall 12.0.475 and re-build using an older version, since upgrading didn't fix my other problem anyway. I really don't want to give up on my little program, because it's the one thing that makes Media Center better than any other music player for me.

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:36:24 pm »

Interestingly, the Library Server's not working for me, either. Whenever the client system tries to connect to the library server, I get two identical weird C++ errors on the server system: "Runtime Error! Media Center 12.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." When you click OK, Media Center shuts down.

Both client and server system are running 12.0.475. If the Library Server deal uses the automation interface, I wonder if the problem with my program is related...

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:02:50 pm »

Just as an update, I uninstalled MC12.0.475 on both systems and reverted both back to MC12.0.421. I was successfully able to import the TLB into my project and rebuild, and my application is working beautifully again. Additionally, the Library Server is working again. No weird "unusual termination" errors. There definitely appears to be something up with the TLB and/or automation in build 475.
Pages: [1]   Go Up