INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - Can't find all my music and more newbie questions  (Read 1638 times)

fphredd

• Recent member

Let me start with, i'm going to love this software - thanks to the developers, and thanks in advance to any users offering help on these forums!  :)

Ok, here goes...I have spent a couple of days reading, but still can't get it all figured out...

I have app. 15,000 songs in 1,000 sub-folders of sub-folders, etc. D:\Music\Band\Concert\(sometimes Set #)\*.flac

This music is all live recordings (with band blessings), so there is no way to search the internet for tags that correspond to CD's.

The program sees these files, and when I import, they show up in the regular view.  However, when I go into theater view, I can't find all of them  ?  Does each song need to be 'tagged'? Different fodlers have songs also have different naming conventions, e.g. song name, or 'track 1' or 'd1t01', etc.  Tagging each file will make a nice project, but not one that will be done overnight.  What am I missing or doing wrong here?  Even if I could use theater view and go through the trees to select the file, the way they're organized works, so that wouldn't be a big deal.

Also, I would like to be able to select an entire folder to play in order, i.e. one concert in full; can this be done in theater view?

As I said at the start, THANKS!!

I'll get to the photo questions later ;)
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - HS Thompson

fphredd

• Recent member
Re: Theater View - Can't find all my music and more newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:00:47 am »

Bump...

Anyone? 

Just some basic direction (pardon the ignorance) would REALLY be appreciated.  While I'm asking questions, will jukebox work in theater view??  Just wondering, I'm more than happy to pay for the full version if need be-if I can find all my music...

Thanks, again!  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:09:24 am »

Any content you can see in MC's Standard View should be available in Theater View.

More details on where you're looking in each might help.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:23:42 pm »

Even if I could use theater view and go through the trees to select the file, the way they're organized works, so that wouldn't be a big deal.

You can definitely do this one... in Theater View (CTRL-4) try selecting Views on the left... one of your views should be Disk Location... that should be the one you're looking for.

If your “views” menu doesn’t show you a Disk Location option, maybe it’s not selected to show up in Theater View.  To check, go back to standard view (CTRL-1) click on Audio (at the top of the area on the left that shows your playlists, etc) in order to expand that menu to show your different views.  One of these should be named Disk Location – Right-click on it and choose edit view scheme.  This will open up a window with options for that particular view; on the right there are some check boxes, make sure Show in Theater View is selected.

Now if you don’t see a Disk Location view under Audio, then you might need to create it – Right-click on Audio and choose Add a view scheme.  In the window that pops up you want to Add -> Filename (path) in Step 1, then Name it (or use the auto-name) in Step 2, and make sure that you have “Show in Theater View” selected in Step 3.  Choose OK and there should be a new view under Audio that also shows up as a selection in your Theater View Views option. 

Step 4 is where MC really shines (IMHO) and you can go in and slice and dice (i.e. filter, select, etc) your library to really customize just what shows up in the View you’re making.  For instance, you have all your live shows stored as flac files somewhere (maybe it’s on your E:\ drive) but you might have some miscellaneous downloaded stuff in your My Music folder.  Well, you could clean up the view your making by choosing Edit Included Files in Step 4 – you could set up a rule to only show files that are in locations that contain e:\ or only file type is flac… just the tip of the iceberg.   

Good Luck!

fphredd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 01:03:42 pm »

Peter_T:

THANK YOU!  :)

That seems to be the way to go.   I still have some fine tuning to figure out, but you have definitely put me on the road to HTPC and JRiver Media Center happiness.

I'll come back if I need more help, but here's hoping I don't (at least on this topic)...

fphredd

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »

WOW - Can't believe I've been at this for over 3 months...still trying to figure out the perfect interface for a small (4.3") touch screen, and I'm circling back to JRiver (yes, I've purchased  :) )...

I've set up the above, but somehow lost my ability to see 3 folder (band) names at once on the right side of the screen in Theater View; I can only scroll one at a time.  What did I change that I need to change back??

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up