INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: more stack questions...  (Read 1407 times)

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
more stack questions...
« on: April 25, 2008, 01:11:55 pm »

Okay so ive stacked my flac audio files with converted mp3 files. Using the flac file as the top of the stack. Now i want to burn an mp3 cd to play in my car stereo. I send the stacked tracks to the burner. Put a blank cd in and take a look at the details before i burn and it appears that its going to burn the flac files instead of the mp3's. So i clear the burn queue and add the files again, this time i say to convert to mp3 (hoping that what it takes to get MC to use the mp3), press burn and its still converting my flacs to mp3 before it burns.

Am i doing something wrong?

i was assuming that the burn process would realize i was trying to burn a stack that had an mp3 in it and use that stacked file instead of re-creating the mp3. Is there a setting that i need to address?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: more stack questions...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:25:45 pm »

Sounds like a feature request to me ;)

In the meantime, just expand the stacks and add the mp3 files to the burn Q.
Collapse the stacks once the burn is complete.

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:25:38 pm »

Thanks Marko!

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 03:50:14 pm »

While I agree that it would be nice if MC automatically chose the mp3 files from the stack, I can see that being a problem if, for example, those mp3's were converted at a relatively low bit rate for transfer to a small handheld, but you wanted high quality versions on your CD, or vice versa.

Perhaps if a "select x format from stack" option was to be created, it might also need an "...only if bit rate is between y and z" rider.
Pages: [1]   Go Up