INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to keep playlists after syncing ipod on multiple PC's  (Read 2029 times)

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
How to keep playlists after syncing ipod on multiple PC's
« on: April 26, 2008, 06:58:40 am »

I have been looking for a solution to my problem for quite a few hours and I am not sure that any of the posts I have read address my problem.

I have a 160Gb Ipod Classic.  I need to be able to keep my 60Gb music library on the Ipod and be able to access that library from two different PCs.  I have aproblem in that I try to create a playlist  X on computer A and sync it to the Ipod which works just like it should.  But, when I use Computer B and create a new playlist Y and sync I lose playlist A.  I have been going into Ipod options to click on which playlists to sync but while on computer B playlist X is not shown as an option to sync and I lose that playlist.  (Note: I keep my library on the Ipod as like an external hard drive and then add songs to the Ipod using MC12.  This has me using 120Gb of disc space.  I don't know if this is necessary or not.)

I am assuming the way I am doing this is obviously incorrect or I am missing a step. 

So to make a long story short, I want to be able to use my ipod as the music library and be able to sync the ipod using two different computers without losing any playlists. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

By the way I have been a happy user of Media center for over 6 years....Way to go with a great product.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to keep playlists after syncing ipod on multiple PC's
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:47:27 am »

Thanks for saying so.

Please try the latest build, 12.0.487, from the top of the MC12 board.

I'm not sure that syncing from two different PC's will work.  Someone else may know.

When you say this:
Note: I keep my library on the Ipod as like an external hard drive and then add songs to the Ipod using MC12.  This has me using 120Gb of disc space.  I don't know if this is necessary or not.
I don't understand whether you're using MC's sync to do that or you're doing something else.

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:23:34 am »

I am not using MC's sync.  I just don't know of any other way to do it...then again I haven't tried any other ways.

I guess more importantly if I need to retain all of the playlists I create on my ipod when hooked up to either pc, how would that be accomplished?  Unless I am missing something, the only way I know of at this point to get playlists onto the ipod is to check them  in the options of the ipod screen in MC to sync.  Is there an easier or should I say alternate way that I am not aware of?

Thanks again for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 12:01:18 pm »

I believe you can also just drag a playlist to the handheld sync window.
Pages: [1]   Go Up