INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC & MJ clipping some WAV files at the end  (Read 2027 times)

rayden

• Recent member
MC & MJ clipping some WAV files at the end
« on: April 27, 2008, 08:20:15 am »

Hello All,

I am having a strange issue with the both MC & MJ. With both these players the ending of some WAV files seem to be clipping by ~ 5 seconds. I use wireless to play my library from a NAS unit but my problem stays the same with trouble tracks even when they are copied to local HDD of the notebook. The same tracks play without the same issue in WMC/WMP.

At the end of troule tracks another thing I have noticed is that the track timer also goes faster like its skipping or being fast forwarded. MJ also display a status of "waiting" briefly while its going through those last 20-25 seconds of fast forwarded state.

I have tried disabling the 802.11a setting in my wireless controller as indicated by another thread reporting some stutter problems.

I have read through the entire FAQ as well as used the search function but have not found same or similar issue. I am running Vista 32 bit home premium OS. AFAIK there are not any additional lugins put into MC or MJ.

Any help offered will be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rayden

P.S. I am about to try disk defrag as purposed in another thread to get rid of some stutter issues. I have also uninstalled VLC player, DIVX and Real Player to check if it makes any difference but so far it does not seem to make any difference. I would also like to see if disabling Norton AV would also make a difference but having a hard time figuring out how to disable it.

P.P.S. Tried the new MC 12.0.487 and the problem is exactly the same as before. BTW the waiting status shows up in both MC & MJ. So if the track in question is 4 minutes 25 seconds around 4:05 mark it shows waiting and than after showing this status for a couple of seconds goes to 4:20 and than the song ends.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC & MJ clipping some WAV files at the end
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:38:44 am »

The thread called "Weird Problems" in my signature has some ideas on stuttering issues.  Personally, my first suspect in that case is always a virus checker.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 12:46:37 pm »

rayden,

Are the wave files ripped from audio CDs or did they come from another source? What is the exact file format?

Also, do you by any chance have Direct Show decoding enabled for the wav format? For normal use it should be disabled. You can find the setting here: Tools > Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Playback Options > DirecShow Filters > File Types > wav
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rayden

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 04:19:05 pm »

The thread called "Weird Problems" in my signature has some ideas on stuttering issues.  Personally, my first suspect in that case is always a virus checker.

I checked that thread in particular and all tried all things that seemed relevant but the problem persists. I have now also tried disabling NAV auto protect and internet firewall, rebooted the PC but this has no effect.

rayden,

Are the wave files ripped from audio CDs or did they come from another source? What is the exact file format?

Also, do you by any chance have Direct Show decoding enabled for the wav format? For normal use it should be disabled. You can find the setting here: Tools > Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Playback Options > DirecShow Filters > File Types > wav

I have burned all my CDs in WAV format (1411 Kbps lossless) using WMP.

I checked the Directshow filters and confirmed that the WAV checkbox is unchecked.

BTW just for testing I played the same file with foobar and it also has no issues.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 11:35:15 am »

Check:
Options > Playback > Do not play silence

Also, you might try lossless compression (like APE) to get error detection, tagging, and space savings in your WAV files.  You'll have the same bit-perfect quality, but with added goodies.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 12:16:50 pm »

Rayden--

Just out of curiosity, what is your "buffer" setting at?  Is it 5 seconds?  In the ancient past there was such an issue with FLAC files only--currently playing track was truncating at the start of buffering.  FWIW.

EDIT:  At that time I verified it by adjusting the buffer and watching the "clip" move around accordingly.

rayden

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 12:41:49 pm »

Check:
Options > Playback > Do not play silence

Also, you might try lossless compression (like APE) to get error detection, tagging, and space savings in your WAV files.  You'll have the same bit-perfect quality, but with added goodies.

Matt your advice is spot on. After I unchecked do not play silence option it works like a charm. Bundle of thanks :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up