INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stack function improvements?  (Read 830 times)

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
Stack function improvements?
« on: April 28, 2008, 03:39:24 pm »

I have most of my library encoded in MPC format, but I keep the original 320kbs MP3 files as backup in case I ever need to re-encode.  Unfortunately, over the years, my MPC files have been re-tagged numerous times so that now their metadata does not resemble the original MP3 at all.  I would really like to update my MP3s so that they match my MPC tags, and the stack function is a great step in that direction.  There are still a few features missing from it that prevent me from accomplishing what I'm hoping to do...

The autostack "by name" feature is GREAT.  However, it could be greater if users could customize how files were autostacked.  "By Name" only works for half my files, movie soundtracks don't work because many of their Names are "Main Theme" or something like that.  What I would REALLY like is an autostack "by Filename".  This would solve all my problems because I never change the filename from MP3 to MPC.  MC12 would benefit from allowing users to customize which fields determined the autostack.

The other thing that I would like to see is a way to update all my original MP3 files' embedded art with the embedded art from my MPCs (by setting one filetype as the top of the stack and having the art trickle downward into the bottom of the stack).  Currently, I don't think this can be done with the autostack feature, or I just don't know how, in which case, can someone enlighten me?

Lastly, another thread talks about a method to update the tag information from one file to another via stacks and "Clean File Properties", which is AWESOME for what I'm hoping to accomplish, but I'm finding that it works half the time.  After using CFP, the MP3 tag information doesn't stick within the MP3 files, but does within MC's database.  I tried updating tags from database, but that only seemed to work half the time too.  Can there be a function added to "Update tags from top of stack" function that simply works 100% of the time?
Pages: [1]   Go Up