INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Windows XP make MJ that much faster??  (Read 1210 times)

< ZERO

Does Windows XP make MJ that much faster??
« on: August 01, 2002, 05:26:39 pm »

Just switched over to XP from 98se. Ripping wave files went from 10x-11x average up to about 27x-30x times the speed. Even got close to 37x !!! Has this been the norm with anyone who has upgraded?

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Does Windows XP make MJ that much faster??
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 05:30:37 pm »

I don't know but I want to. I'm considering upgrading also but need more convincing.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 05:41:14 pm »

>>>  Less than zero. Duh! I'm slow but persistent. <<<

I figured someone would catch on. Have not been able to get on the Internet the past few nights after this upgrade thing. Finally got the modem to work before I left this morning. Downloaded MJ and XP updates a.s.a.p. Now I just have to get all the other programs back in. This is really cool CVIII, I can even connect faster. Most times my dial-up was around 28.8. Right now 49.2. Wish I had done this sooner.

Also installed an 80 GB harddrive. No more wanting for space. Sure, I say that now.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 05:47:57 pm »

Yeah, but it is your truck paid for yet?  ;)

Welcome back, Mike.  I was wondering about you just this afternoon.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

MachineHead

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 06:02:06 pm »

Jim,

No, but this was only a 'minor' upgrade. The real dent comes later this year. :)

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 06:06:44 pm »

HEHEHEHE, I got 5 more truck payments, that equals to 5 more months and I can build that new P4 2.4GHZ syst for myself, maybe 2.8.. they say that a P4 2.8 will be out at end of Q3 and the P4 3.0 GHZ will be out at the end of Q4, this should drive down the prices of the 2.4 GHZ just in time when the truck is paid for. Sorry I strayed a bit, things like this happen when some one mentions the army or trucks and payments, I cant help my self, I have favorit subjects LOL..

I dont know about yall, but when I upgraded to XP everything went faster, then I switch over from FAT32 to NTFS and everything got slower although it is more stable (like a rock) but most of the functions I do repetativly are around a 1 to 3 seconds slower now.
Robert Long

sekim

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2002, 06:15:24 pm »

>>>> I dont know about yall, but when I upgraded to XP everything went faster, then I switch over from FAT32 to NTFS and everything got slower although it is more stable (like a rock) but most of the functions I do repetativly are around a 1 to 3 seconds slower now. <<<<

I went the NTFS route also. I figured the machine knows more about that crap then me, so why not.

Three payments left. HAR HAR. Joke will probably be on me though, Beastmaster already has plans.

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2002, 06:24:50 pm »

Maybe the joke will be on me, Dentist told me yesterday that my duaghter will need braces, dental plan covers 1000 of the cost, I got to make payments on the rest, otherwise I would be in a different boat right now, HI HO  HI HO off to work I go....

All the same I am happy for ya bro, wish I could say I had only three more payments left, hey, I will say that in three months LOL.

Whats the Beastmaster?, I got an idea but rather would like to hear it from you than make a guess and put my foot in my mouth.
Robert Long

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 07:01:43 pm »

Beastmaster--

the trouble and strife
the duchess of fife
herself indoors
she who must be obeyed
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2002, 07:43:45 pm »

I kinda thaught that was it, but didnt want to step into anything on that one, as for me I gave mine the boot ( legally) and got custody of my child, that was ohhhh about 11 yrs ago, my strife is over. no headaches other than needing to pay for the braces the dentist say my duaghter needs, boyy, child support would be handy about now, havent seen that for the past 11 yrs either LOL.
Robert Long
Pages: [1]   Go Up