INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.504  (Read 12875 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.504
« on: May 21, 2008, 04:02:12 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120504.exe

12.0.504 (5/20/2008)

1. Fixed: The enter key was not properly supported in some large edit controls.
2. Fixed: Vertical scrolling was not possible in some large edit controls.
3. Changed: Tweaked how large edit values like notes, lyrics, etc. are displayed in the Tag Action Window.
4. Fixed: Auto-truncation tooltips could be shifted slightly upwards in file lists.
5. Changed: Tooltips better handle long strings.
6. Changed: Translation files updated.
7. Fixed: Handheld cache builder wasn't writing tags to the files.

12.0.503 (5/20/2008)

1. Fixed: Handheld conversion was creating files in the form of xxx.ape.mp3.
2. NEW: Logging added to handheld cache builder.

12.0.502 (5/19/2008)

1. Fixed: The build hand held cache function was not dealing with .'s in file names appropriately.
2. Fixed: Smartlists containing the special value <empty> weren't working.

12.0.501 (5/16/2008)

1. Fixed: Video size was wrong in VMR9 Renderless Mode.
2. Fixed: Video "Crop Edges" option did not work in VMR9 Renderless Mode.
3. Fixed: The build hand held cache function was leaving orphaned temp files in the DB.
4. Fixed: The build hand held cache function was not copying DB fields to cache files.

12.0.500 (5/15/2008)

1. Fixed: The large thumbnail column could show the wrong image when clicking between albums in panes.
2. Fixed: MC hid behind another application when displaying "DVD Playback Settings" dialog or "Select Filters" dialog.
3. Fixed: VMR9 Renderless mode color problem.
4. Fixed: Reduced the number of 'Duplicate' files reported in the device transfer queue.
5. Fixed: Creating a stack would use an existing stack top even if it wasn't in the selection which would break the existing stack.
6. NEW: Add file to stack.  Select one stack (or part of ONE stack) and any number of unstacked files and this will add them to that stack.
7. Fixed: User options not getting saved (broken in 12.0.498).

12.0.499 (5/14/2008)

1. Fixed: The skinning engine no longer skins TWAIN scanning dialogs when invoked from the right-click menu Cover Art > Get From Scanner.
2. NEW: Right-clicking on the thumbnail size slider (at the top right of thumbnail views) will toggle between full size and the last thumbnail size.
3. Fixed: When moving the thumbnail size slider, the slider position could lag behind the list size change.
4. Fixed: When showing a view that fills in a background thread (smartlist, My Computer, etc.) the thumbnail slider would not always properly appear.
5. NEW: When typing in an expression editing control, function names and field names will auto-complete. (i.e. type "[Ar" and "tist]" will fill in)
6. Changed: Switched the auto-complete combobox used for in-place or Tag window editing to a JRiver control -- providing better performance, skinning, and flexibility.
7. Fixed: The smartlist editor could (sort of) incorrectly allow vertical sizing if grabbing the border at just the right point.
8. NEW: A crude version of Video Mixing Renderer 9 Renderless mode in Video file and DVD playback. Think of this as a teaser. There are quite some problems to be solved.
9. Fixed: Ctrl+U to roll through list styles could get stuck on details.

12.0.498 (5/13/2008)

1. Changed: Greek translation updated (thanks, Apostolos).
2. Fixed: Doing a permanent file delete in a thumbnail list could hang when asking about removing empty folders.
3. Fixed: Grouped file lists at the bottom of a library view could draw incorrect art.
4. Fixed: Playback from the right-click menu using the MRU choices would start on the selected file instead of the first file.
5. Changed: Slight tweaking to how the cover art download dialog picks between using the same local image and a new server image.
6. Changed: Internal changes to how some user interface is created (should be internal change only).

ukahfur

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 12.0.504
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:18:45 pm »

Same problem that had been occurring with the last few builds...scrolling through albums in theater view is extremely slow. I rolled it back to 12.0.404 and can once again put my cursor at the bottom of the screen and MC quickly flies through the album thumbnails.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

pank2002

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:29:29 pm »

12.0.499 (5/14/2008)
5. NEW: When typing in an expression editing control, function names and field names will auto-complete. (i.e. type "[Ar" and "tist]" will fill in)
Should this not work for the regular search filed in the left corner? I type "ar" but MC does not suggest "tist". This would be a nice improvement. It would also be nice if it worked with values rather than keys alone. I like the drop down style of search in fx3.
-Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

MusicHawk

Unpleasant change in multi-value field dialog
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:16:18 pm »

I'm used to assigning a bunch of keywords to a track by selecting checkboxes in the list. I can do this quickly by opening the Keywords list, then typing the first letter or two of the desired keyword, which jumps to that keyword (or whatever is above it that starts with the same letters). I hit space and the box gets checked. Very fast, entirely via keyboard, no big problem (other than sometimes a mysterious non-response that I've reported at times).

That method worked until this build.

Now, when I start to edit the Keywords field (or any other multi-value free-typing field) the dialog opens with the cursor in the TOP edit field, not the list of checkboxes. It LOOKS like I'm in the checkbox portion, because when I tab into the Keywords field and the dialog opens, the cursor ends up pointing at whatever keyword is at that screen position. It even has a selection box surrounding it. But that is NOT where the CURSOR is. The pointer-highlighted checkbox is NOT actually selected. In fact, the checkboxes list area of the dialog is NOT selected.

Instead, the edit field at the top is selected and live, some distance from the cursor, and quite unexpected. If I don't notice this, and I type thinking I'll jump through the checkboxes list, I mess up whatever values are already there. I must reach for the mouse to click into the checkbox area -- I can't tab to it from the Keywords dialog's top edit field.

I have the same behavior change with my custom Artists field, which I used to specify all artists on a particular track (and also to specify the artists Lastname, Firstname for more structured views).

So, what could be done entirely via keyboard now requires a clumsy mouse move, and between the phantom checkbox selection and the unexpected cursor position, it's both slower and dangerous when the Keywords field already has some values.

Working on tens of thousands of tracks, it's been wonderful that so much can be done in MC by keyboard alone. But not now. After just one hour it got to be such a pain I switched back to 12.0.497.

Am I overlooking a new or improved way to work with a multi-value dialog? Or is this a bug that will be fixed soon?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:29:23 am »

1- Information Windows & Dialogs (including: "Confirm Removal Of Empty Folders" and "Failed to update xxx files" and "Sucessfully updated xxx files") continue to pop-up behind the MC interface in many instances. (I believe it is caused by clicking the Interface to perform another function before MC has finished the previous and displayed the results)

2- When editing tags in the file list (in My Computer's folders) when the files at the top of the list are edited, the Arrow to open the drop-down list is sometimes situated above and to the right slightly so that when clicking on it you sometimes instead get the "adjust column width" instead of the drop-down for selecting. (I will try to determine when and under what circumstances this occurs and post such)
Could they be made not to overlap?
. . . the game is rigged

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 11:54:57 am »

I'm still seeing the problem that someone else mentioned before, syncing to my iPod (Nano) is not deleting items not in the sync list. And, yes, I have "Delte from handheld any files not in sync list" checked.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 01:11:25 pm »

Richard, I split your post here.  Thanks!

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 03:45:59 pm »

I haven't tried this in a very long time, so I don't know when it started.

Update tags from library.. always returns x files updated 0 failures.  and nothing is changed.

I have tried this by changing the tags to xxxxxxxxxx , and it still returns files updated 0 failures.  nothing changes.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 04:25:01 pm »

For me, this build seems to have broken all my podcasts. That is, they are still there, but do not automatically (or manualy) download the new episodes. One interesting thing is that clicking on the Website link for a podcast opens a Windows Explorer window to the C:\Windows\System32 folder, not to any web page.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 04:37:53 pm »

For me, this build seems to have broken all my podcasts. That is, they are still there, but do not automatically (or manualy) download the new episodes. One interesting thing is that clicking on the Website link for a podcast opens a Windows Explorer window to the C:\Windows\System32 folder, not to any web page.
I just tried and it downloads for me.  I didn't try auto.

Try a reinstall, then start a new thread if you still see it.

gappie

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 09:19:04 am »

Same problem that had been occurring with the last few builds...scrolling through albums in theater view is extremely slow. I rolled it back to 12.0.404 and can once again put my cursor at the bottom of the screen and MC quickly flies through the album thumbnails.

i also noticed this... standard view became quicker, but Theater View is really much slower.

:)
gab

nsteele

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 12.0.504 Bug
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 12:08:45 pm »

When burning a data CD, after completing the first CD, when I click on Burn another copy, the only file burned to the second disc is the playlist, rather than all the files in the burn queue.

ukahfur

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 02:45:17 pm »

i also noticed this... standard view became quicker, but Theater View is really much slower.

:)
gab

Yup. Not sure when exactly it started slowing down, but I'm running 12.0.404 right now, because that was the last version I had where theater view scrolled quickly (at least with a large library).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 06:03:42 pm »

Blindjim, your post was split here.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.504 (and please answer me)
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 02:17:49 am »

- At The 'Tag' AutoComplete when i open the desired field doesn't work. And in generally the 'Tag' doesn't work as the past.
- When i listen music from 'playing now' i can't open the 'Interact Forum' from the 'Start'.
- I can't save the desired sorting at 'Customize current view \ sorting \ preset \ save (i save it but when i close the programme it losted). I've already noticed this from previous version.
- At The Tag when i open the playlists it's always expanded at the 'Imported Playlists'. I've already noticed this from previous version.
- When it search from 'auto-importing files' at the end informed me that 'for example, 4 files doesn't imported at the library'. How can i find them?

Kinds regards and
Thanks in advanced.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 02:51:13 pm »

In the last few builds and, still in 504, MC quits whenever I try to delete a video file. 

craft

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 05:38:20 pm »

the text selection by holding down shift and pressing up/down arrow doesn't work (tried with multi-line notes tag)

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 10:36:27 am »

1. With the french translation, create a smartlist with this rule "lastplayed in the last 30 days"
Save it and display its definition:
You have "lastplayed is 01/29/1900"

It's working fine in English.

2. in an image pane right click on the thumbnail slider to display only one image.
Change the display to "details"
The details view is incorrect (only one row)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 01:01:38 pm »

The speed should vary depending on how close your cursor is to the edge of the list.  Lineup lists scroll quickly for me on my home machine.

Any other tips to reproduce?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ukahfur

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 03:42:12 pm »

Hi Matt. Thanks for the reply.

The slow scrolling occurs in theater view when i am looking at my audio collection (home -> audio). When you click on "views" on the left hand side of the screen, and it asks you "How would you like to view this media", I have the "Toggle Thumbnails/Details/Lineup" set to Thumbnails. I also have it set to view by "Artist/Album". So, my artist thumbnails (in album stacks) are in a 4x4 arrangement

I actually didn't try to check how fast it scrolls when it is toggled to "Lineup". I have theater view running on my TV, so the cover art, when set to "Lineup", is not very visible.

Let me see if I can explain the problem I am experiencing in a slightly different way...With these more recent builds, when first starting theater view this way (Toggle set to Thumbnails & viewing by Artist/Album), it takes a long time for each thumbnail to jump from the background to the foreground. You know how when you scroll through your thumbnails with the cursor at the bottom of the screen and the thumbnails go from small to large?...scrolling much like a slot machine. With 12.0.404 that happens almost instantaneously; I can put my cursor at the bottom of the screen and it quickly and smoothly scrolls all the way through all of the thumbnails. With the more recent builds it is jerky...each new line of thumbnails takes a very long time to appear and scrolling through  my entire collection is painfully slow.

Now, one thing I should mention with these more recent builds that may help with the diagnosis of this problem: if I slowly scroll through the thumbnails and let each line of thumbnails render once, then scrolling up and down through my collection starts to speed up (once each thumbnail has drawn). It's still a little jerky...but it is faster. But once I push the "back" button to go "home", then subsequently return to "audio", the slow scrolling phenomenon is back. I thought that "building thumbnails" might help alleviate the problem...but no luck there.

The music in my library is coming from a networked drive.

Thanks for looking into this.

Mike

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 11:39:04 am »

1. Tree auto-expand is not working.

btw - I'm seeing fast scrolling in theater view with my library on 2 firewire drives

DC

Media Center 12.0.504 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 2968 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1152 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive S: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-3450A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive S: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Data Master
  Playing Now

JONCAT

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 11:54:29 am »

I use CCCP for m4a & mp4 playback. I just quedued 34 m4a files for 4-file Audio Analyze and Mc crashed instantly with a mem reference error (also crashes with 2files at a time):

0001204: 5240: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Resources\FileAssociations.xml
1106657: 4396: Playback: 0x112c DisplayTypeEx: Subtype description UNKNOWN
1106891: 4396: Playback: 0x112c DisplayTypeEx: Not temporally compressed
0001610: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: Start
1107016: 4396: Playback: 0x112c DisplayTypeEx: Variable size samples
0001813: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter: Start
1107266: 4396: Playback: 0x112c DisplayTypeEx:      Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
0002047: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter: Finish (234 ms)
1107500: 4396: Playback: 0x112c DisplayTypeEx:      Subtype MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM
0002297: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: LoadSourceFilter returned 0x80004005
1107750: 4396: Playback: 0x112c DisplayTypeEx: wFormatTag 1
0002532: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadTransformFilters: Start
0002782: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadTransformFilters: Finish (250 ms)
0002891: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: LoadTransformFilters returned 0x1
0003016: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter(2): Start
0003125: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter(2): Finish (109 ms)
0003125: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter(2): Start
0003141: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter(2): Added the filter to graph
0003141: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadFileUsingSourceFilter: Start
0003157: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadFileUsingSourceFilter: Load returned 0x0
0003157: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadFileUsingSourceFilter: Finish (16 ms)
0003157: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter(2): Finish (32 ms)
0004000: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: RenderOutputPins returned 0x0
0004000: 5240: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: Finish (2390 ms)
0004000: 5240: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileDX: RenderFile returned 0x0
0004000: 5240: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileDX: Got duration
0004000: 5240: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileDX: getting bitrate
0004000: 5240: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileDX: Getting other tag data for local file
0004000: 5240: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: I:\Music Archive (M-Z)\Spoon\A Series of Sneaks\05 30 Gallon Tank.m4a
0004000: 5240: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: I:\Music Archive (M-Z)\Spoon\A Series of Sneaks\05 30 Gallon Tank.m4a
0004032: 5240: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileDX: Finish (3547 ms)
0004032: 5240: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: AnalyzeDX succeeded...
0004032: 5240: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: Task completed in 0.0 ms, result = 4
0004032: 5240: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: Finish (4016 ms)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 01:58:28 pm »

Still hangs sometimes when doing tagging and playing music in parallel:

1208016: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Image File; Elapsed ms: 23,229
1208031: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (file size).jmd
1208062: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: File Size; Elapsed ms: 33,763
1208062: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (date modified).jmd
1208094: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Date Modified; Elapsed ms: 32,230
1208094: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (bookmark).jmd
1208109: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Bookmark; Elapsed ms: 12,967
1208109: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\atw10wf6\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{8CC7639E-5E35-4F26-A2A6-0C989E677275}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset small).jmd
1208125: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Offset Small; Elapsed ms: 21,081
1208141: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\atw10wf6\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{8CC7639E-5E35-4F26-A2A6-0C989E677275}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset medium).jmd
1208156: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Offset Medium; Elapsed ms: 22,695
1208172: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\atw10wf6\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{8CC7639E-5E35-4F26-A2A6-0C989E677275}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset large).jmd
1208187: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Offset Large; Elapsed ms: 24,689
1208187: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (skip count).jmd
1208203: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Skip Count; Elapsed ms: 16,277
1208219: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (last skipped).jmd
1208234: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Last Skipped; Elapsed ms: 15,370
1208234: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (thumbnail info).jmd
1208250: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Info; Elapsed ms: 19,343
1208250: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\atw10wf6\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{8CC7639E-5E35-4F26-A2A6-0C989E677275}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail info (local)).jmd
1208281: 4108: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Info (Local); Elapsed ms: 23,474
1208281: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\playlistx.jmd
1208297: 4108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\view state temporary (index).jmd
1208312: 4108: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (453 ms)
1208687: 4108: Database: CMJSearchHelper::GetResults: Search: [Media Type]=[Audio],[Image],[Video],[Data]; Elapsed ms: 14,745
1214797: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214797: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\10 - Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You.mp3
1214797: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214812: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (15 ms)
1214812: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214812: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\12 - Bryan Adams - When Your're Gone.mp3
1214812: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214812: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (0 ms)
1214812: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214828: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\05 - Bryan Adams - Let's Make A Night To Remember.mp3
1214828: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214828: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (16 ms)
1214828: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214828: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\11 - Bryan Adams - Back To You.mp3
1214844: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214844: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (16 ms)
1214844: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214844: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\07 - Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman.mp3
1214844: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214859: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (15 ms)
1214859: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214859: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\14 - Bryan Adams - The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You.mp3
1214859: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214859: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (0 ms)
1214859: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214859: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\02 - Bryan Adams - Can't Stop This Thing We Started.mp3
1214875: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214875: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (16 ms)
1214875: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214875: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\03 - Bryan Adams - I'm Ready.mp3
1214875: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File added to tagging queue (already in queue = 0)
1214875: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (0 ms)
1214891: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
1214891: 4108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: M:\@.Temp\archived\@.Interpreter\Bryan Adams\Bryan Adams - Best Of Me\09 - Bryan Adams - Cloud Number Nine.mp3

JONCAT

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 04:24:23 pm »

I'm not even tagging and seeing major thumbnail related delays with just a switch from Pane to Tile mode:

2472360: 4340: Database: CMediaInfoArraySort::Sort: Files: 136; Elapsed ms: 3.356
2472375: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Start
2472391: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Finish (16 ms)
2472391: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Start
2472406: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Finish (15 ms)
2472422: 1604: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{D0B71506-FD36-4CD2-9E4E-76BBD050A290}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset medium).jmd
2472422: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Finish (422 ms)
2472469: 1604: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{D0B71506-FD36-4CD2-9E4E-76BBD050A290}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset medium).jmd
2472485: 1604: Database: CDataHolder::Load: Field: Thumbnail Offset Medium; Files: 71390; Data bytes: 106496; Elapsed ms: 61.690
2472485: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Start
2472485: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Finish (0 ms)
2472485: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Start
2472500: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Finish (15 ms)
2484453: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Start
2484453: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Finish (0 ms)
2484453: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Start
2484516: 4340: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Finish (63 ms)

DC

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 3007 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1152 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive S: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-3450A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive P: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive S: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'Cea iPod':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {82E62457-AC26-4AE6-BB46-91A54D5076C5}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: Z:\Users\Public\Music\itunesmusic; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 1; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]
ResyncIfDateModified:

Device info dump for 'Cea Photos':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {11753435-02A9-4FE2-B0A2-07B781A6DCE6}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: Z:\Users\Public\Pictures; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 1; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: [Date (year)]\[Date (month)]\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]
ResyncIfDateModified: 0

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Data Master
  Playing Now

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 10:04:04 am »

1. Tree auto-expand is not working.

It's working here.  Remember that view schemes don't auto-expand since pane browsing is typical.

Check Options > Tree & View > Tree > Auto expand

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:05:42 am »

Hi Matt. Thanks for the reply.

The slow scrolling occurs in theater view when i am looking at my audio collection (home -> audio). When you click on "views" on the left hand side of the screen, and it asks you "How would you like to view this media", I have the "Toggle Thumbnails/Details/Lineup" set to Thumbnails. I also have it set to view by "Artist/Album". So, my artist thumbnails (in album stacks) are in a 4x4 arrangement

This will be fixed next build.  It was re-searching the library to evaluate each album instead of using cached results.

Thanks for all the details.

JONCAT

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:13:52 am »

Matt - MC used to open view schemes whether they were populated or contained sub-schemes. I don't see how this is auto-expand if you click on a scheme and nothing happens. Previously, upon selecting a scheme it would expand and the selection would remain on the top scheme, as you described which would facilitate Pane viewing. So the only difference I see here is a complete loss of the auto-expand feature which enabled me to select a view scheme, and see all my sub-schemes appear below it.

DC

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 10:34:01 am »

I just wanted to add the "delete on sync" issue that is being discussed in the latter part of this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45884.0

An issue which showed up in the latest build.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 11:26:46 am »

Matt - MC used to open view schemes whether they were populated or contained sub-schemes. I don't see how this is auto-expand if you click on a scheme and nothing happens. Previously, upon selecting a scheme it would expand and the selection would remain on the top scheme, as you described which would facilitate Pane viewing. So the only difference I see here is a complete loss of the auto-expand feature which enabled me to select a view scheme, and see all my sub-schemes appear below it.

Click a second time to expand a view-scheme.

This hasn't changed for a long time:

11.1.86 (12/20/05)

3. Changed: View schemes no longer auto-expand when clicking on them in the tree.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 11:27:22 am »

I just wanted to add the "delete on sync" issue that is being discussed in the latter part of this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45884.0

An issue which showed up in the latest build.

This will be fixed next build.

JONCAT

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 11:36:10 am »

Matt - that's strange, I thought it was changed recently; still confused on why auto-expand option is then still needed if we have to double-click to expand but oh well.

Could we get the color error in negative PixOS fixed; I have emailed JRiver as directed a few times, maybe I was getting funneled into Spam:

thanks
DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 12:41:31 pm »

Could we get the color error in negative PixOS fixed; I have emailed JRiver as directed a few times, maybe I was getting funneled into Spam:

I've replied to this one before.  Sorry if you missed it.

I don't think there's a bug.  Take a screenshot of Pix01 without negative applied.  Paste it into PSP or Photoshop.  Make it negative.  The image will look just like what you get in MC after switching to negative.

If it used to look different, I think that was the bug.

ukahfur

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 03:25:26 pm »

This will be fixed next build.  It was re-searching the library to evaluate each album instead of using cached results.

Thanks for all the details.

Perfect!!! Thanks for checking that out.

Mike

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 04:30:31 pm »

the text selection by holding down shift and pressing up/down arrow doesn't work (tried with multi-line notes tag)

Confirmed, + it's also doing strange stuff on any fields holding shift and pressing left/right: it's fine selecting, but then when you press in the opposite direction once to deselect one letter, it deselects the lot (as if you didn't have shift held)

oooo, in testing this I just discovered the new(?) double tooltip when hovering over a field that doesn't fit in the column.  Very nice :D

JONCAT

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 07:05:12 pm »

Matt - thanks, I guess my point is that the old color seemed to fit with the scheme; currently, the bright red seems REALLY out of place.

DC

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck

- At The 'Tag' AutoComplete when i open the desired field doesn't work. And in generally the 'Tag' doesn't work as the past.
- When i listen music from 'playing now' i can't open the 'Interact Forum' from the 'Start'.
- I can't save the desired sorting at 'Customize current view \ sorting \ preset \ save (i save it but when i close the programme it losted). I've already noticed this from previous version.
- At The Tag when i open the playlists it's always expanded at the 'Imported Playlists'. I've already noticed this from previous version.
- When it search from 'auto-importing files' at the end informed me that 'for example, 4 files doesn't imported at the library'. How can i find them?

Kinds regards and
Thanks in advanced.

JONCAT

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 01:23:20 pm »

I lockup MC trying to configure Weather in theater view. I'm at work and have IE7 and FF installed with access to the web (although Lib server isn't working over WAN to my house from here). No firewall on this machine but who knows what the University network is doing; I think my laptop works fine here on the wireless though. I can't Cancel the search and have to kill MC in Task Man.

EDIT - laptop doesn't work either, here on the free University wireless; same result as above. EDIT2 - Doesn't work at home either on the laptop, but just yesterday I was looking at it on the HTPC.

DC

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 1998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1032 MB, Free - 237 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA DVD-R   UJ-846     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JONCAT

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 08:49:44 pm »

A problem I discussed briefly here seems to be also filtering through to Library Server. Some cover art, inside file, isn't being served; LS log reports "unable to serve cover art, file not found". These are the same files that aren't being written to the thumbnail folder jmd files or the library which my laptop uses. Update library from tags doesn't work. I can see the thumb on my master machine, and the image file is both in the folder and inside file. The file is 300x300 and I can view via the Cover Art menu in MC12. Copy and re-paste the cover art doesn't make it appear over LS. Is there a way to rebuild specific thumbs? A re-import with Build Thumbs enabled I'm guessing...yes, this works. I was thinking it would be nice to separate the rebuild, audio or video thumb erase/rebuild (and retain the option for all); more often than not it's audio that needs fixing and it's much quicker and smoother without having to deal with directshow. Strangest of all, for albums with corrupted thumbs, I can see the small image in the small image thumbnail column for some, but not all albums.

possibly related experience with copy of exact same database: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46771.0

another user with the same corruption: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46705.0

DC

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 10:17:45 pm »

the last few public builds seem to not be putting cover art on my phone (actually a 1 Gb SD card) correctly.  It puts one folder.jpg file on the device, and all songs use that image.  If I delete it, I get no cover art.  I think I have the settings set right...

I also recently deleted the previous handheld cache and had it create a full one using stacks, as you can see above.

User error or bug?
pretend this is something funny

JONCAT

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 07:06:59 pm »

I have one folder that is set as a subfolder import e.g. D:\Audio and one of its sub-folders won't import, which is about 300 mp3 files.

Strange bug, I've found the cause. One of my import folders was another sub-folder on the same drive, but it was from a long time ago, and I have since removed that folder. Once I deleted that folder from the import list, MC was able to import all the sub-folders from the other folder (which had some, but not all of its sub-olders being importted). Weird!

DC

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 10:33:20 pm »

I tried telling MC to create subfolders by album to see if that would at least put the album art in each of the folders and that didn't work either.

I just double-checked my settings and I had the audio path set as \Music\Artist\Album and that actually created that path literally.  I changed it to \Music\[Artist]\[Album] and that created the correct *subjective* path and also put the folder.jpg file in each Album folder and also worked on the phone.

Is there any way to have MC automatically add the brackets for the 'common' fields?

also, I don't have the 'create folder.jpg' option checked, yet it's still creating it.

I have MC set to store album art in the files, but maybe they didn't get set into the stacked versions.  Nevermind, only about 1/2 of the files were converted, the rest weren't.
pretend this is something funny

Crispin Crunch

• Recent member
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 11:01:11 pm »

I am not having an issue deleting files from my iPhone but sync attempts do not upload files.  Cover art shows up in cover flow view but not in any other iPod mode.
reprazentin\\\' fo da MC

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

1) Still experiencing performance issues, however intermitantly.

Selecting a group of new files and using 'Fill Properties From Filename' or other tag edits will at times take abnormally long, yet MC uses little CPU in spite of having over 90% of the CPU available. 

I understand that my DB is large, but these are new files not yet imported, so why would MC need to scour the entire DB to change tags?
And once imported and needing to scour the DB, why not take advantage of the available CPU and RAM?

Any chance this is a Dual-Core CPU accessing issue? The only time I see MC use more than 50% CPU is during Audio Analysis or transcoding during Handheld sync, both operations with settings to allow for multiples.

2) Selecting multiple files then editing several tag fields in sucession, at times a right-click will un-select the files rather than presenting the right-click menu. (I have tried a different mouse)

3)
. . . the game is rigged

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto-Importing Large Number Files Results in "00" for Track #'s
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 02:47:44 pm »

I'm still playing with Media Center. Last night, after upgrading to 0.504, I added my Auto-Import directory and hit 'go'. Took 1:15 to import some 53K+ mp3s. But, after approximately 27230 files, MC started import the tracks incorrectly. The track filenames are in the format "[track #] - [title]" but MC started importing them as "00 - [title]" and even left the Track # tags empty in the Library.

I confirmed that the tags are there. So I simply ran the Auto Import again, and it's currently updating the 26k-some files that were added incorrectly.

I'd created a smart playlist to find all the tracks then that had no Track #. Even after re-importing all the files, there 39 tracks where the Track # was not automatically imported. Manually updating the library from the tags solved that problem.

Any idea why this would happen? Is there a better way I should be managing this many files?

JONCAT

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2008, 12:33:05 am »

Incorrect thumbs shown for Tiles when slider is increased to a certain point: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46695.0

DC

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2008, 06:54:18 pm »

Leezer,
Your posts are here.

bugmenot

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 10:40:40 pm »

BUG :

Got a crash when renaming/moving over 1000 files. was building directory so it was renaming filename on same HDD. Got that error when opening is VS2008 :

Unhandled exception at 0x770d6448 in Media Center 12.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow.

In assembly code I have :
770D6448  push        ebx

Hope it helps.

Currently using 12.0.504 on windows Vista X64, 4gb ram

Edit :
Here is the windows detailed info :
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Media Center 12.exe
  Application Version:   12.0.504.0
  Application Timestamp:   48334ca7
  Fault Module Name:   ole32.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6001.18000
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4791a74c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0004bcad
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   4105
  Additional Information 1:   5ace
  Additional Information 2:   f4d598239c81eb6158015b0b07a54577
  Additional Information 3:   6f52
  Additional Information 4:   c10fe5dc0ee6765d12d629efdab0d2b3

Edit 2 :
It crashed halfway when renaming at a little more than 500 files.

Edit 3 :
I remember in previous build I was able to go into the Duplicates smartlist and right click on both duplicate file and stack them. It seems i'm not able anymore in 12.0.504. Don't know if it'S broke for few builds or if I miss somekind of change to reactivate this. Any help?

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
Issue adding New Schedule Item
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2008, 11:07:56 pm »

Went in to add a scheduled Play item. I want to use Search Results but after clicking the radio option button, the Search Results Field remains grayed out, and thus I cannot click the drop-down arrow to access the Wizards, options and more...

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2008, 03:55:03 am »

When moving files (to new dirs) (within MC, using the left side tree view) MC looses track of files - i.e. the database still points to the old files.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2008, 04:33:57 am »

When moving files (to new dirs) (within MC, using the left side tree view) MC looses track of files - i.e. the database still points to the old files.

This seems to happen when a folder is moved in the tree (in Drives & Devices). When individual files are selected on the right side and dragged to a new location in the tree the filename paths in the library are changed correctly.

I tried the same with MC11.1.201. It does not have this problem.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up