INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVI's Imported Into Audio Section  (Read 997 times)

jaytech371

• Recent member
AVI's Imported Into Audio Section
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:30:48 pm »

I am sure this has come up before but after searching for some time I cannot find it.

When I import certain avi's they appear in the Audio section. Not all avi's do this but there are about 100 videos located in my Audio Library Section. To import these videos I usually first click into the Video category then I right click the Video button then choose import after selecting the right location. No matter how many times I try it with these videos they keep appearing in my audio section. I have imported these same ones in the past fine but now it doesn't work. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Jason

jaytech371

• Recent member
Re: AVI's Imported Into Audio Section
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:26:54 pm »

I believe it has something to do with the improper VBR audio encoding that I found in the AVI file, I think I would need to use VirtualDubMod to rewrite the audio header with CBR values that will allow more compatibility. Weird I thought I had some of these in Media Center before without any problems, maybe not. Media center may also look at the bitrate of the avi tags in order to decide where to put the file. One thing that these files have in common is that they all have a low bitrate showing in their tag. It seems to me that you should be able to manually select certain files and force them to show up in the Video category of the library. Since these avi's work fine I don't really want to replace them.

jaytech371

• Recent member
Re: AVI's Imported Into Audio Section
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:43:52 pm »

OK, I figured it out. Just in case this happens to anyone else this is what you do.

1. Select all of the files that are in the wrong place (avi's in the audio category)
2. Right click the selected files and choose Library Tools
3. Now left click "Update Library (from tags)"

It will now show the true bitrate or "internal bit rate" of the file instead of the bitrate that is labeled on the avi's external tag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up