INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nokia N82 geotagged photos and new Map view idea  (Read 801 times)

vantage

Nokia N82 geotagged photos and new Map view idea
« on: May 25, 2008, 06:22:03 pm »

Hi All,

Been using MC for a long while now and really liked the improvements over the years. Great job, keep it up!

Have just taken delivery of a Nokia N82 mobile phone which has GPS tagging capability for photographs taken with it.

When I import those images into MC12 I'm not seeing the GPS information. The longitude and latitude tags are empty.

Any ideas?

Also, Nokia are beta testing a great app right now called sportstracker (http://sportstracker.nokia.com). This lets you upload a GPS route and overlay the locations of your photos on it taken with the phone (similar to what I believe you can do with Google Earth and the like). It's has a sports focus, but is equally just great at logging an experience very easily.

This isn't a plug for Nokia as I'm sure there are plenty of other phones out there with similar capability and these sort of features are rapidly becoming the norm now.

I'd like to suggest that maybe a future version of MC could offer a similar less sports focussed facility where you can view what media you created / listened to / played on a map view. Keep the same great organisational features, but just add Map as another view. That way if I have a great day out listening to some great music capturing some great photos of the people I shared it with, I can then go back and not just get the content but the actual location it all happened at.

It's all about capturing and recalling the total experience and then being able to draw upon that in the future to recreate it or improve it. I'd MC to play a part in that.

Keep it up. I think MC is great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up