INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View -> Playing Now screen suggestion  (Read 931 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View -> Playing Now screen suggestion
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:45:16 am »

I have a request for an improvement to Theater View -> Playing Now screen. Currently, it displays the list of tracks on upper half and the vizualization selected in the bottom half. Would it be possible to show the cover art in the upper half (either on the right side of the list of tracks or left)? I think this would make it look 'cooler'.

thanks,
Osho

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View -> Playing Now screen suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:05:22 am »

You should be able to achieve this by modifying the skin's xml. For example, I changed my PN screen to show a full list of tracks on the right and shrunk the PIP/Viz window to appear at the bottom left of the screen inside the navigation area - roughly the same size as the Playing Now PIP button which appears in the other screens when there's something playing. Here's the relevant code segment in case that helps with what you're trying to do:

Code: [Select]
<Layout Name="Playing Now" Location="Playing Now\***" >
<!-- Navigation area -->
<Item Name="NavigationBackground" Placement="Left" Size="[Button Width] + [Overscan Left] + 6" />
<Item Name="" Base="NavigationBackground" Placement="Left" Size="[Overscan Left]" />
<Item Name="" Base="NavigationBackground" Placement="Top" Size="[Overscan Top] + 145" />
<Item Name="" Base="NavigationBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Overscan Bottom] " />
<Item Name="Search" Base="NavigationBackground" Condition="If(Search, 1, 0)" Placement="Inside" Size="8" />
<Item Name="Navigation" Base="NavigationBackground" Condition="If(Search, 0, 1)" Placement="Inside" Size="8" />
<Item Name="PIP" Base="NavigationBackground" Placement="bottom" Size="17%" Crop="1%"/>

<!-- View area -->
<Item Name="ViewBackground" Placement="All" />
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Top" Size="[Overscan Top] + 55" />
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Right" Size="[Overscan Right] + 10" />
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Overscan Bottom] + 10" />
<Item Name="Titlebar" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Top" Size="[Title Text Height] + 16" Crop="0" />
<Item Name="LocationPicture" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Center" Size="80%" />
<Item Name="View" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="All" />
</Layout>
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up