INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song Listing Order  (Read 991 times)

DonP

• Junior Woodchuck
Song Listing Order
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:25:01 pm »

I noticed when playing a full album that the songs seem to be listed in some random order. In many cases, the track order is very important, such as when listening to a suite or to an audio book. Is there a way to list by track number? Nearly all my files have it in the mp3 tags or as the first part of the file name.

Thanks.

Don

DonP

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Song Listing Order
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:17:19 pm »

Also, I have many CDs that are by various artists. On CDs that were already ripped, Media Center seems to keep them grouped under the same album title. However, on CDs that MC itself rips, each seems to be listed individually even though the album title is the same for each, which I suspect is due to the setting to rip using Artist->Album Title. Short of changing the setting each time a CD is ripped, is there a setting to keep such albums together?

Thanks.

Don

DonP

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:38:58 pm »

This issue still persists in compilations with multiple artists. For several CDs, it ripped properly into an Assorted folder with the album name under that and the songs in it while for others, it ripped each artist into their own folder. At the moment, it is ripping into the album name folder but giving each artist their own folder inside that. There must be some setting that I am changing without realizing it but if so, I cannot locate it! Can anyone help as this is driving me crazy and taking much extra time in rearranging the files where they belong!

Thanks.

Don

DonP

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 07:35:26 pm »

Suddenly it is ripping into Album->Artist rather than the other way around and I know of no settings that I changed to the ripping. I can't seem to make it rip the same way twice! Are the rip settings directly related to the View Scheme setting and if so, how the the two be set up separately? One should have nothing to do with the other.

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up