INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to the "Recent Playing Now"?  (Read 1435 times)

arixey

• Recent member
What happened to the "Recent Playing Now"?
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:42:38 am »

I just had a bad computer crash unrelated to Media Center, and when I restarted the machine my very long playing now was missing.  This was disappointing because I'd just gone on a huge music bender yesterday and had about the next month of listening all queued up.

In the past I'd always been able to use the "Recent Playing Nows" feature to restore what I"d wanted to be listening to.  Now I can't find it, and I'm not sure if it's due to recent upgrades or something else.  (It has been several months since I've needed to use it, so have probably gone through at least two or three Media Center updates.)  The option is enabled in the General > Advanced > Features dialog box. 

Is there a way to get this back?  Was it removed from the program but still remains in that dialog box?  Help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: What happened to the "Recent Playing Now"?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 01:37:25 pm »

Recent Playing Now's aren't saved between runs of the program.

You could try restoring a library backup.  Media Center makes them automatically every few days.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

arixey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 02:59:13 pm »

I checked, but the backup was a little too old. 

Ahh well, it's not that big a deal.  At least all my new songs were in the "recently imported" playlist so I could just re-add those ones.

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:26:43 pm »

Can you add an option to save the recent playing nows between runs? 

Sometimes I go to great lengths to set up a good playing now but forget to save it as a playlist (doh), so a bit more history would be a great option to have  ;D

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:33:45 am »

Go to Tools > General > Advanced and make sure that "Clear Playing Now on Exit" is not checked. This will preserve your Playing Now the next time you run MC. There is also an option in Tools > Startup > Startup Actions to "Start Playing Current Playlist" when you run MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up