INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID3v2 standard Tags  (Read 2536 times)

vkostas

• Recent member
ID3v2 standard Tags
« on: August 23, 2008, 03:07:02 am »

Hello,

Is there any possibility through a plug-in to extend functionality of MC (or MJ) for following:
1. Include all ID3v2 standard tags in processing (e.g. TIT3 Subtitle, TIT1 Content group description, etc).
2. Include all user-defined tags stored in TXXX? MC & MJ recognize only tags with name "COMMENT: ....")
3. MC supports multiple values but not for Standard tags. Standard tags cannot be changed so list separator is set in standard tag settings window. A new user-defined field should be created (with Data type List-Semicolon delimited) and be aligned from standard tag (double work to maintain a tag and compatibility problem).

Thank you,
Victor

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ID3v2 standard Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 06:40:41 am »

1. Include all ID3v2 standard tags in processing (e.g. TIT3 Subtitle, TIT1 Content group description, etc).
2. Include all user-defined tags stored in TXXX? MC & MJ recognize only tags with name "COMMENT: ....")
You can add any field in the tag, if you know its exact name.  You don't need a plug-in for that.

vkostas

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:17 am »

Ok JimH,

1. How to make Standard tag Artist (TPE1) use multiple values? No attribute can be changed in MC option window.
2. How to add standard tag Subtitle (TIT3)?
3. I want to add user-defined tag named %CDTYPE% in the library. If I do this the real tag added it is %COMMENT Media Jukebox: CDTYPE%.

Thank you,
Victor

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:27:13 am »

You might look at Media Center 13.  It has a new ID3v2 tagger, and custom tags go to TXXX fields.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up