INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualizations limited to Cover Art when running MC12 from USB Drive  (Read 4643 times)

Robb

• Recent member

I have found that MC 12 Visualizations are limited to only 'Cover Art' when I am running from a USB Drive. With the MC 12 install on my internal Hd all the visualization options are available. Both Versions are the latest 12.0.534 and I have noticed this same behaviour on previous versions as-well.  Are the other Visualizations not avaialble for the Portable install or is there a way to enable them? Thanks.

OS is XP Professional Service Pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 2.66Ghz 512 RAM

Robb

• Recent member
Re: Visualizations limited to Cover Art when running MC12 from USB Drive
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:55:10 pm »

Has anyone else had this experience? Or any lack of access to the other visualitzations, even independent of a running from a portable.Thanks.

michelefanelli

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:05 pm »

I can also report the same behaviour. My portable install on USB drive just support cover art Visualization.
It would be very nice if the portable install also supported G-Force, WhiteCap etc... - in case,of course, they are actually installed on the PC executing MC.

In that case I would decide to have the whole main library on my USB drive and then using one of the several PCs that I have for playing and saving my play statistics and even modifying audio/video tags. Now that USB powered HD are available is a very nice that your Audio/Video/Photo Library can travel with you toghether with a complete MediaCenter installation.

Today the only thing which is preventing this to be realized is that portable install lacks some plug-ins / visualization support, so that it is very unlikely that the portable install may be chosen as the main MC installation. Another weakness is that portable install does not remember the initial dimension of the MC13 window.

Despite this, MC13 is great. It really makes me happy using it.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 05:19:39 pm »

i think the portable install has no priority at this moment. i reported some stuff a while ago: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47675.0
where the studio.dll i talk about is i ofcourse the vis studio.dll, from the visualisations.
i just tested a portable install on an external drive again, had a hard time to delete it after that. the JrShellExt.dll was still busy. is that for shell integration? for a portable install?

since the visualisations are installed with everything else in a portable install, i guess mc just does not look in the right place to use them.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »

Some plugins are not supported on a Portable Install.

It's not possible to support COM on a portable install, meaning any COM-based component must be rewritten.  We plan to do this in time, but I can't say when we'll finish.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Robb

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 01:36:42 am »

Thanks for the confirmation about lack of visualization functionality on the portable install. The portable install has otherwise worked fantastic for me, I had all media on the drive as-well.

BTW - I'll be doing a fresh install with MC14 on a new Windows 7 machine shortly and am interested to see how that works with a portable drive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up