INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I recover my playlists?  (Read 1407 times)

cyanide911

• Recent member
Can I recover my playlists?
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:01:20 am »

My Windows XP wasn't working a few weeks back, I decided to format my windows drive and reinstall windows. I was in a hurry, so I couldn't do much backup(Through Ubuntu live CD).
So I copied these folders, in hope that I would sometime be able to recover my playlists.

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox 12
C:\Documents and Settings\abc\Application Data\J River

[my songs are in the exact same places, exact folder structure, where they were before I formatted]

Do I have any hope of recovering my playlists?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Can I recover my playlists?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:22:53 am »

There should be two easy ways to get back your lists:
You can watch out for files named "Library Backup (Library Name - Date).zip". They should be placed in "C:\Documents and Settings\abc\Application Data\J River\Media Jukebox 12\Library Backups". Open MediaJukebox and use "File -> Library -> Restore Library..." to import the newest backup zip file. Your old library should restored then.
If you were using the default settings you also can use "File -> Library -> Library Manager". In the upcoming window you select "Add" (or "Edit") and change the library location to the old "C:\Documents and Settings\abc\Application Data\J River\Media Jukebox 12\Library" folder and hit "Load".

The 2nd will be the better choice, because all your latest changes done to the library will be kept.

cyanide911

• Recent member
Re: Can I recover my playlists?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 01:02:03 pm »

I'll try that, should work  :D

Thanks feder  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up