INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll Back to MC11  (Read 5931 times)

bcrossan

• Recent member
Roll Back to MC11
« on: October 09, 2008, 05:09:47 pm »

I had to reformat a PC I was running MC11 on.  With the reformat I went to MC12 but I can't quite get the settings right on certain video things in my setup.  I am considering going back to MC11 but I have already setup my libraries in MC12.  What is the best way to go back to MC11 without losing the files I have added already?  If I uninstall MC12 and then reinstall MC11 are there user settings that will stay and preserve this?

Thanks  ;D

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Roll Back to MC11
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:37:50 pm »

I'm not the expert here, but I'll give it a try...

I'm quite sure that an MC12 library is NOT compatible backwards so it will NOT work with MC11 or older. So there is no chance to get your new MC12 library working with MC11.

A workaround for you may be this:
Create a new smartlist which contains all your files. Just set a rule "Media Type" "is" and select all available values. Right click on the new smartlist and select "export playlist". In the upcoming window choose "MPL Playlist (Media Center only)" and "Selection" as output range.

If you now import this mpl Playlist to MC11 (I hope this works...), you'll have all your files back in MC11 with all the tag-infos. But you'll lose all Playlists doing only this. If you want to save your playlists too, you should the things above PLUS do a second Playlist export but set "Output Range" to All.

To be sure to lose nothing and to be at the save side, you should do a library backup before you uninstall MC12!

Hope this helped...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 03:55:44 pm »

If you're having trouble with DirectShow, take a look at the Wiki entry (wiki link above) and read about installing CCCP.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 07:36:31 pm »

am considering going back to MC11

I Could Not Even Think For A Second About Doing That.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up