INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ENDING JUNE 30th: Unlimited Music -- JRiver's Subscription Service  (Read 40286 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unlimited Music -- JRiver's 4 Million Track Service -- Free 12 day trial
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 09:02:00 am »

Music subscription is definitely increasing in success each day, as well as similar video services. It's just a shame that most of this comes in separate applications.

My vision of J Rivers approach on this would be:
1. Implement Performer in MC14 or 15.
2. Make it possible to access online database and local library at the same time
3. Use different tags to separate online tags and local tags. Would make it possible to tag things like Genre, Artists and albums of interest to easily browse local and online database without the overwhelming number of tracks. A separate online popularity/rating tag with you're own rating on the online tracks would also be cool. A lot of things could be done here, though I'm not sure if it would be an easy task.

I'd be close to heaven with just number 1 and 2 also :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

raldo

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2009, 02:33:49 pm »

1. Implement Performer in MC14 or 15.
Exactly!

That would set MC apart from the others, such as Spotify.

)p(

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2009, 12:12:41 am »

Exactly!

That would set MC apart from the others, such as Spotify.

Yes definitely...but to be honest I only would switch from spotify if pmc would upgrade the bitrate like Spotify did with their premium service.

peter

dennyelvis

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2009, 07:25:20 am »

With the subscription, do u get unlimited downloads to ur pc like NAPSTER for example ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2009, 07:29:20 am »

You can download the files and they will play as long as your account is good.  I believe the rules are the same as Napster's.

With a portable subscription, you can put the files on a compatible device.

dennyelvis

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2009, 06:01:04 am »

Although i found the software excellent, im going to have to cancel the subscription before my 12 days, i couldnt find anywhere better to post this Jim, will it be ok in here ?, recent job loss has made me reduce outgoings, sorry.

JohnT

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2009, 08:00:56 am »

Although i found the software excellent, im going to have to cancel the subscription before my 12 days, i couldnt find anywhere better to post this Jim, will it be ok in here ?, recent job loss has made me reduce outgoings, sorry.
Your subscription has been canceled and your trial will run out on September 25 so you're free to use it until then.
Thanks for trying the service and we hope you'll sign up again at a later date.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

dennyelvis

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2009, 08:52:36 am »

Thank u John, hope to rejoin in better times  :(

Bjorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 11:46:37 am »

Just tried Performer today. Noticed that it showed up in JRMC14 and I pressed the button. I want to give some feedback. The postive is that it's integrated in MC with advantages like using playing now, ASIO/WASAPI, DSP etc. In these areas it's definetly on top of Spotify.

Then the negatives. It's too slow. When playing and switching to another song, it takes about 5 seconds. Spotify and iTunes are much faster. 128Kbps is way too low! Give me streaming in 320Kbps or lossless and we're talking. Spotify offers 192Kbps in their free version and 320Kbps if you pay.
When it comes to download, I'll personally not buy anything other then lossless. Prefereable flac, since it's open source code.

It's seems to work fine in Norway. Also just downloaded the standalone Performer on my work PC and it seems faster then the one integrated in MC 14.

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 12:14:20 pm »

Just getting back to MC after being away for awhile (like the release of MC12).  Anyway, I am a LONG time Napster subscriber and might consider changing to Performer.  I would have to say that I use Napster to the fullest, so there is one thing I must know.  I have three (3) Creative Zen's connected to Napster for my $15/mth, is it the same with Performer?  Where does one find out 'details' on this service (i.e. a URL)?  I tried www.performermc.com, but that seems pretty vague.

Thanks!  Cheers...
aRCLiGHT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2009, 12:33:03 pm »

You can load your players with the Portable subscription type.  I believe the limits are the same as Napster's.  Thanks for thinking about using Performer.

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2009, 12:37:50 pm »

Jim,

No offense, by how do I "make sure" that is't the same?  I have 1000's of songs loaded on three (3) different MP3 players and it will be a LOT of work switching.  I'd really like to make sure that changing is worth it.  Do you folks have a feature/function comparison chat with your competitors?  This may seem a small move to many, but to the few of us that have been on Napster forever, re-doing playlists and re-downloading songs all over again will be painful.

Thanks much!  Cheers...
aRCLiGHT

JohnT

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 03:25:43 pm »

You can have up to three portable devices registered at any one time with the Performer service. You can de-register one device per month yourself. You can have two computers registered and can de-register one computer per month.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2009, 08:12:39 pm »

You can have up to three portable devices registered at any one time with the Performer service. You can de-register one device per month yourself. You can have two computers registered and can de-register one computer per month.

Thanks John!  Sounds like a possible replacement for Napster.  I just have to decide if I want to spend the hours upon hours of re-downloading.

Cheers...
aRCLiGHT

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 11:53:11 pm »

Is an Android phone able to work with the subscription? I hate to say this but LaLa.com has a better plan for streaming music than Performer. 10 cents and you get unlimited streaming of the song.

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen

Bit confused. What does this offer me over e.g. Zune Pass? I'd like to put more money in the coffers of j.River if this service does that, but I'm not really seeing any major plusses. Bitrates appear lower for starters.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up