INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for ASIO Drivers?  (Read 2842 times)

LowWaterMark

• Recent member
Support for ASIO Drivers?
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:40:52 pm »

My computer pulls double duty (and is dual-booted) to be a digital audio workstation along side a regular workstation.  My soundcard/recording interface is a PreSonus Firebox.  The Firebox uses PreSonus' ASIO drivers.  In addition to the stuff I'm working on, I have a growing library of albums I enjoy listening to.  Most of these (now on a separate, dedicated HDD) are burned  in FLAC or VBR/256 MP3.

This computer of mine is brand new and I'm still figuring it out.  Previously on my laptop, I listened to music via the JRiver Media Jukebox utility.  I'm absolutely inlove with the audio fidelity.  Using a USB thumbdrive I just transfered over 16 gig of albums and finally, am getting to my question:
(1)  using JRiver Media Jukebox, will the song files now stored on my HDD be compatable with the ASIO drivers they encounter in my PreSonus Firebox soundcard?

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Support for ASIO Drivers?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:44:27 pm »

In MJ Playback options, try switch to ASIO.

The ASIO4ALL driver may also work.  More here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/ASIO

... will the song files now stored on my HDD be compatable with the ASIO drivers they encounter in my PreSonus Firebox soundcard?
ASIO playback doesn't depend on the actual track in any way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up