INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: screensaver in display view  (Read 2843 times)

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck
screensaver in display view
« on: November 09, 2008, 01:46:21 pm »

Is there any option added in version 13 to enable/disable screensaver in display mode? Or anything that gives the user a bit of control over this?  This would be a great little addition.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: screensaver in display view
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:23:11 am »

The screensaver will always be disabled in fullscreen Display View.  You could switch to Theater View if you want to allow the screensaver to run.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 01:08:59 pm »

The screensaver will always be disabled in fullscreen Display View.  You could switch to Theater View if you want to allow the screensaver to run.

Old topic I know, but is relevant.  Are there any plans to make this more configurable?  I mainly watch movies in non-fullscreen Display View and the problem is that the screensaver kicks in while I'm watching.  It would be nice to have an option that disables it when video is playing (because let's face it, unless you're on one of the music channels you'll probably be watching what's on and not just listening).  Thoughts?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 03:04:50 pm »

Old topic I know, but is relevant.  Are there any plans to make this more configurable?  I mainly watch movies in non-fullscreen Display View and the problem is that the screensaver kicks in while I'm watching.  It would be nice to have an option that disables it when video is playing (because let's face it, unless you're on one of the music channels you'll probably be watching what's on and not just listening).  Thoughts?

Would it work to just maximize the window when you didn't want the screen saver kicking in?

You could also disable the screen saver, since they're not really saving the screen on most modern displays anyway.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up