INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 Mouse wont scroll  (Read 1843 times)

ElQuia

• World Citizen
MC13 Mouse wont scroll
« on: December 01, 2008, 11:33:19 am »

Hello Everybody, I have a bug in my setup. Iīm using MC13.0.082 (registered) on Vista 64 bits. Since I changed from MC 12 I canīt get my mouse to scroll adequately. If I move the wheel as usual nothing happens, if I sort of "hit it", moving it fast, display "jumps", but no scrolling.
I CAN use the middle button, cursor changes to scroll pointer and it moves vertically and horizontally. But the scroll wheel doesn't. It's an Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 (has tilt wheel) with the  latest drivers (x64 drivers of course)

Any ideas ?  ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC13 Mouse wont scroll
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:53:57 am »

Sometimes Intellipoint gets in the way of usual mouse message routing (which we correctly support).

You might try uninstalling Intellipoint, as a test.  My Microsoft mouse wheels fine on Vista x64 without extra mouse software installed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 01:41:09 pm »

mmm, Matt, thanks for the reply. Going to try, I use a lot the tilt wheel (in spreadsheets), so I hope it works without the m$S# driver.
It also will be a chance to tryout fixing some problems I have in SUN Virtual Box, Linux OSes in VBox wont scroll either and I have the feeling it's the M"S# driver...

I test and post here...

Again... thanks!

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:04:38 pm »

mmm, Matt, thanks for the reply. Going to try, I use a lot the tilt wheel (in spreadsheets), so I hope it works without the m$S# driver.
It also will be a chance to tryout fixing some problems I have in SUN Virtual Box, Linux OSes in VBox wont scroll either and I have the feeling it's the M"S# driver...

I test and post here...

Again... thanks!

Nope, that'd be the Xorg configuration, nothing to do with your mouse drivers. Try this (Exactly the same for any other *Nix based OS)-
http://peterc.org/2008/64-how-to-enable-vertical-mouse-wheel-scrolling-in-ubuntu-hardy-on-vmware-fusion.html

On the original problem, this may be a stupid suggestion, but are you using a panes based view?
If you are, make sure you have the right pane selected, by clicking on something within the pane before using the wheel :) (Its very easy to select artist from the top pane, and then try to scroll the file-list: Clicking with the wheel scrolls the right place, but the plain wheel doesn't)

Cheers

-Leezer-

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:16:39 pm »

I have this problem also, but I'm using a Logitech wheel mouse with only Vista's built-in drivers.

Sometimes, wheel scrolling does work with MC13.  I've not been able to isolate what causes wheel scrolling to stop working. 

Clicking in the pane I want to scroll does not fix the problem.  But sometimes, clicking in a pane other than the one I want to scroll works.  (Example:  Playing Now with a visualization & track list in the bottom pane.  Clicking in the track list does not get wheel scrolling to work, but clicking in the visualization pane and then using the scroll wheel will scroll the track list.  Similar effect exists in Audio selection pane's filter fields.)

This problem only exists with MC, Vista utilities & Firefox still scroll normally via the mouse wheel while MC is exhibiting this problem.

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 04:50:59 pm »

leezer3 for the nix thing: I already tried all that. In VMWare scrolling works, not in VBox, its a combination Vbox/nix problem, because vista and xp in vbox mouse works ok. Its the MS mouse, its usb, other "plain" mouses work ok. But Ive got addicted to the tilt scroll and the customization you can do with the ms driver for different programs in windows.

Back to our stuff:
but are you using a panes based view?
If you are, make sure you have the right pane selected, by clicking on something within the pane before using the wheel
YES, thats the first thing I do, I usually have four panes open, it happens every time even with only one pane, itīs independent of content (video, pics, music) and it happens also in tree view.

Tomorrow, after doing a full acronis backup, Iīll uninstall the mouse drivers, and test ms mouse with out them and also I'll try a plain vanilla ps2 mouse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up