INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ Changing all file types to Media Jukebox type.  (Read 1086 times)

vrasenas

• Recent member
MJ Changing all file types to Media Jukebox type.
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:22:47 am »

I just recently downloaded MJ and love it. Just one thing is bugging/perplexing me. All my music files now appear as "Media Jukebox" file types in Windows Explorer, even when I look at the File Properties. I know this is not a change of the actual file as when I look at the same file in MJ it gives me the proper file type in the file type column. How can I get back to showing the proper file types in Windows?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MJ Changing all file types to Media Jukebox type.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:53:24 am »

That happened because you either did the default install or allowed MJ12 to associate the supported file types if you selected install options.

It is normal that installed programs associate the supported file types. For example, if you install MS Word it associates the .doc files by default.

You can unselect the associated file types in MJ's options, but it is possible that they will not be associated with other programs as they possibly were before you installed MJ. You may need to re-associate them in the other programs.

However, if you intend to use MJ as your main media player you could leave the file associations as they are and just set the filename extensions visible in Windows Explorer's options (it hides the known extensions by default).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

vrasenas

• Recent member
Re: MJ Changing all file types to Media Jukebox type.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:04:23 pm »

Thanks, that explains it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up