INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Media Video output?  (Read 1874 times)

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Windows Media Video output?
« on: December 20, 2008, 09:20:54 am »

Greetings,
Has there been a change in MC 13 that might cause the Windows Media Video output option not to work?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows Media Video output?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 09:47:09 am »

No, but ...

Try changing the video renderer in MC/Options/Playback/DirectShow.

Take a look at glynor's nvidia post yesterday.

UAC on Vista seems to have an issue with DVD playback, ripped or not.  Could be related.  There has been some recent discussion here.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 10:20:34 am »

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:15:59 am »

Greetings,
Thanks Jim,I'll check that out. I select the Windows media output to improve the sound for video. I use adapt-x host DSP plugins with WMP.
It might be a good idea if you were to extend your DSP audio support to work with video files in a future version of Media center.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 05:46:21 pm »

By "Windows Media Video output" do you mean "using Window Media Player engine" for playback?

If so, MC13 allows you to choose a Playback method for each group of video types. Options -> File Types.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 10:05:05 pm »

Greetings and felicitations,
That's correct. I just checkmarked use WMV under the directshow playback section. That's all I needed to do With MC 12 for video to playback through windows media. Are you sayin I need to change something in the file type section too. I wondered if you could be more specific about that.
                                                                                                          I appreciate the help,
                                                                                                            Chris
P.S. Merry Christmas ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 08:17:22 am »

Greetings and felicitations,
That's correct. I just checkmarked use WMV under the directshow playback section. That's all I needed to do With MC 12 for video to playback through windows media. Are you sayin I need to change something in the file type section too. I wondered if you could be more specific about that.

Please note that, on "DirectShow playback settings..." window, there are two checkboxes in MC12 - "Use Window Media Player for video playback if possible" at the top, and "Use WMV accelerator if available" at the bottom. The top one is what I am talking about. The bottom one is a totally different matter.

In MC13, the top checkbox has been removed, because that option is now being applied on a per-file-type basis. You need to configure it on "File Types" window.

Here is how:

1. Tools -> Options -> File Types;
2. Scroll the list to Video section and select the file type that you want to be played in Windows Media Player engine;
3. Choose "Windows Media Player Engine" from the "Playback Method" drop-down list at the bottom;
4. Click OK.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up