INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If the price were reasonable, would you consider a box from J. River to connect your PC and your TV?

Yes
- 42 (37.5%)
Maybe
- 32 (28.6%)
No - I've done it
- 15 (13.4%)
No - I use a PC, not a TV
- 6 (5.4%)
No - No interest
- 17 (15.2%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: POLL: Would you consider the JRiver Synapse (a PC to TV connection device)?  (Read 17095 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen

Looks like the Boxee folks are toying with a stand-alone device, too...

http://blog.boxee.tv/

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA

I'm still a fan of IR if you have a good, high powered IR remote.  I know my universal remote has several very powerful LEDs in it.  I can practically aim it backwards and it ALWAYS works.  I prefer this because who among you is not going to have a display or receiver--all of which use IR.  So I take a standard universal remote and program it.  I find that the included remotes almost always allow for customer remote configurations, too.  And the MC controls are ultra basic: play/stop/ff/rr/arrows + enter.  So it isn't tough to use the worst remote in the world.  As long as it has the two major sections: play controls & navigation controls.

Our theater preamp came with two nice identical remotes and I have programmed both of them perfectly to control the MC box, blu-ray player, and IR lighting system (Lutron Spacer).  I don't feel that RF is quite there yet.  Worse yet: with my wireless keyboard/mouse combos, it seems like if you don't locate everything just right, you get basically no range with the wireless!

morrison

• Galactic Citizen

just like a dream, Android version of MC on Nvidia Tegra )

but and ion+windows platform can be interesting
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up