INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing images and videos in mc13 theaterview?  (Read 2746 times)

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Mixing images and videos in mc13 theaterview?
« on: December 24, 2008, 07:47:26 am »

Hi,

I am finally updating our theater htpc to mc13. We always mix our family foto's and video's under images, this worked in mc12. It looks like this no longer works in mc13? Is there a workaround?

thanks,

Peter

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Mixing images and videos in mc13 theaterview?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:13:06 am »

You have to use "Video" to browse videos.  How you browse each media type is totally configurable in Options > Theater View > Audio, Image, etc. > Edit...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 08:21:56 am »

Hi,

I am finally updating our theater htpc to mc13. We always mix our family foto's and video's under images, this worked in mc12. It looks like this no longer works in mc13? Is there a workaround?

thanks,

Peter

as far as i know, you can not see videos under your images in Theater View. and that is what you want, isnt it? there are a lot of people who asked about it in the Theater View thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48169.0

as far as i know this still is up to date:
We have no plans to support showing audio underneath an item called "Image".  It's sort of a bug that it even allows this.

now the workaround that works good for me..
i changed the media type of the videos i want under images in theaterview to 'images' they play fine under the images mixing nicely when watching a slide show..

:)
gab

)p(

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 08:27:32 am »

Yeah Gappie that is what I want.

I use keywords to tag both our family photo's and video's. I make selection in theaterview by these keywords and want to show both the photo's and video's that match those keywords in the same presentation / slideshow.

I'll try your workaround!

Maybe we could have an option to make our own main categories with full filter control. We can already remove the default ones. That would be perfect.

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 08:34:22 am »

Nesting was said to be back in the new build was it not? I allways thought this would anable people to mix different data types.
I don't see much of a problem in making it possible to show files of different types in either views though. For some, it is logical. The rest would never set "file typs to show" of other values than the scheme is set up with as default.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 08:43:24 am »

for me the logic of seperating audio, video and images, is clear. but not always..  :)
my camera can make small videos, and when i watch the pictures i took during a trip i just want the short 'moving pictures' to show up between the rest of the pictures i took.

remember when you set the media type to images, that that is also the place they show up in standard view..

gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 08:50:46 am »

now the workaround that works good for me..
i changed the media type of the videos i want under images in theaterview to 'images' they play fine under the images mixing nicely when watching a slide show..

Please don't do that.  You're going to break other things.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

)p(

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 08:57:21 am »

Give us a better option then, please please :-*  :)

peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 10:17:43 am »

Use Theater View's Video for videos.

If you have several files you want to mix, use a playlist with mixed filetypes.  Or assign a special genre and find the files under Genre.

Playing video under images isn't something we will do.

gappie

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 10:37:50 am »

i can do it under standard view without any tricks... just want thv to show me files the same way as i can under standard view.. seems the only way..

ofcource its at my own responsibility..  :)

have a nice christmas over there ..

gab

)p(

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 10:48:58 am »

If you have several files you want to mix, use a playlist with mixed filetypes.  Or assign a special genre and find the files under Genre.

Come on that is not really usable in a nice theaterview setup. Also with todays compact camera's I am sure lots of people want to show both images and videos in their "slideshows".

Really I am getting a bit frustrated having such a powerful database backend with any type of filtering I can think of and then such limited ways of presenting them on the most basic view schemes...

peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 10:57:47 am »

Why isn't it useable?

)p(

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 11:30:37 am »

Why isn't it useable?

In my case because I have a big library and use nested keywords to access them. I spend a lot of time gettingthem just right. So it would be a real pain to go a different route.

petr

gappie

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 04:30:38 am »

Why isn't it useable?
well, for me it is unusable because the small videos are part of the images, the are taged as the images and in standard view they are in images without any problem. when i go in theaterview and i want to see all the images of matthew i want also the small vids to show up. or all my pics from the trip to norway, where there are a bunch of a moose, i want to see the small vid between the pics, same as when i look for moose in keywords.. those vids are taken with the same camera as the pics and belong to it. making playlists is to much work.
i tried to make a genre moose... dont understand how much that helps..  ;)

and i still believe that thv should reflect how you can see files in standard view.. it is just an other way of browsing through it..

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up