INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback of M2TS recordings from Hauppauge HD PVR  (Read 3232 times)

mes374

Playback of M2TS recordings from Hauppauge HD PVR
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:51:16 am »

Good Day!

I received for Christmas a Hauppauge HD PVR which records HD content from any HD souce such as a cable box. The Hauppauge saves the recorded content in M2TS format.

Currently the content will play back normally using Hauppauge's playback software, but when using Media Center 12, the playback is jerky and the audio is broken up.

Any suggestions on rectifying this situation?

Thanks

-Mark-

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Playback of M2TS recordings from Hauppauge HD PVR
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 03:36:24 am »

Hi there, I've just installed a HD-PVR and have exactly the same problems. Did you ever get any input on this, and have you ever solved the problem?

Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:10:26 am »

M2TS is a container format typically used for Transport Stream (TS) applications like TV Broadcasts and Camcorder.  Some filters don't like TS over PS (Program Stream) based files so you will need to play with your filters to see which ones you have that will work for you.  FYI - here is some filters that work for me in an old post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44314.0

Try searching on M2TS and you will see other similar posts that may help.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:33 am »

Thanks jmone, I'd already done the searchs and seen the thread. I don't really have experience of the whole area of filters so I was looking for a quick and easy result. But here is no substitute for knowledge.

Looking at the video playback stuff in the wiki, I guess my first step is to install CCCP. Is this correct? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up